SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Jehovah rides upon a swift cloud

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Jehovah rides upon a swift cloud

Hi Saints, I posted this back in Sept of 09, thought it was worth re-posting in light of what has happened in Egypt.

Jehovah rides upon a swif cloud!

Where are we today? Is the Bridegroom truly at the door? Does the day of our salvation draw nigh? So many Christians around the world just sense it in their spirit that the day of the Lord is fast approaching. And yet there seems to be just as many who have no conception of the times in which we live. Jesus told us that we should be able to discern the signs of the times. The thought of judgment on a grand scale is so overwhelming that it takes the Holy Spirit to wake a people up. Now, when the day of the Lord occurs, it has always been overwhelming. It was overwhelming for humanity in the days of Noah when the rains began to fall from the sky. Right up until the day that Noah entered the ark, people went about their business, albeit everyone of them were wicked, but God had His remnant.

At the tower of Babel, at the height of man’s pride an arrogance, what shock and awe must have came upon the people as God scattered them and divided them by language. The residents of Sodom and Gomorrah, Pharaoh’s army following hard after the Israelites, the inhabitants of Jericho, all of these groups of people would have one thing in common, they would have been overwhelmed in their minds as judgment rained down from a God who rides on a swift cloud.

Now, the Day of the Lord, as taught in Scriptures is not and has never been a one time deal. There have been many “days of the Lord,” and of course there is a notable day of the Lord coming when He arrives again in glory, visibly, for all the world to see when “every knee shall bow , of those on heaven, and those of earth and those under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. The day of the Lord is a time when God comes down and enters into our time and space with a particular judgment for the wicked and salvation for the righteous. We see in Isa 19:1 that ‘behold, Jehovah rides on a swift cloud and comes into Egypt.” Now, how many of us know that when God visits a particular land for the purpose of judgment, that it will not go well for that land. You see, He sits upon the cloud, meaning, that our God is above all resistance. He will do what He has come to do, no one will resist Him. Now the Lord has come to Egypt on a cloud. What does this mean for Egypt? Well, God was going to deal with them directly. There would be no foreign invasion and then captivity, no God was going to prove something. The methods that God will employ are truly frightening.

In a combination of natural disasters and His sovereignty, which allows Him to effect the minds of men, God would bring Egypt down. As we see how and why God was judging Egypt, I want you to keep America in mind. I am going to suggest to you that God has arrived on a swift cloud and has come into America, even as we speak. Now , I know that this staggers the mind. Please pray that the Lord will give you eyes to see what is truly unfolding in our time and why.

First of all, let us consider the reasons that God has arrived. At this period of time the Jewish people had a strong alliance with Egypt. While on the one hand they professed a dependence upon God, in reality they were truly dependant upon Egypt for their continued protection against stronger forces than them. They depended upon Egypt’s strength and military might. Now we know that our God is a jealous God, He will have no other God’s before Him. Do you really believe that? Seriously brothers and sisters, do you truly believe that? If indeed that is so, then we see that God has come down to dismantle, piece by piece, one of the major sources of the Jewish people’s idolatry, Egypt. Keep in mind, an idol is something that we put our trust in above God. Can I suggest that God has come down to dismantle, piece by piece, the major source of the American Christian’s idolatry, the nation of America itself. If the Jewish people slept at ease in their beds because of their alliance with Egypt, does the American Christian really do anything different? Does their peace and security come from God or does it come from their military might? Does their peace and security come from God or does it come from their vast wealth? What group of people recently have been advocates for war and torture? And why has this been so? Fear of attack? Fear of destruction? Fear of death? Fear of terrorism? In the natural, who would have argued with the Jewish alliance with Egypt? Would today’s Christians have dealt with the situation any differently than the Jewish nation did? Would they not look at it pragmatically and say “well yes you can pray to God and trust Him, that’s all well and good, but lest be practical.” Using the exact same logic today, American Christians have an alliance with their institutions to protect them. Remember, God knows our hearts. He knows if we trust our political, financial, and military institutions over and above Him when it comes to maintaining our Christianity. And to further complicate the situation today, many Christians have co-mingled their Christianity with their nationalism, to them they are one and the same. Whether its our “Godly foundations,” our our founding Fathers or our laws or our constitution, these are all seen as guarantors of our continuing heritage. Rather than God being our guarantor, our protector, our defender, we see human institutions given that role, which is why so many fight so feverishly in the political realms to guarantee their “rights,” and their survival. Take these same people and transplant them back into the days of Isa 19 and we would see them argue with intensity that the alliance with Egypt is vital and that it must be maintained.
Of course, this truly is a sign a people who do not trust God at all, but only pay lip service. And so God begins to unravel the source behind the Jewish man’s security, so as to judge the source and to expose the claims of those who call themselves by His name.

In Isa 19:1 we see that the “Idols of Egypt shall tremble at His presence. And the heart of Egypt shall melt in its midst.” Can I suggest that since 9/11 there has been an unleashing of fear in America. The people have had their foundations shaken, and they now suffer from unbridled insecurity. To be hit in the financial capitol and the political capitol was like being struck with arrows directly in the heart. It has left the people staggering and unable to find their footing. In Isa 19:2 we read “And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians and they shall fight each man against his brother and each against his neighbor, city against city, Kingdom against Kingdom. Jesus speaks this exact thing in relation to the end of times in Mat 24:7 “For nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” The word nation is from the Greek “ethnos,” its where we get our word ethnic. IN the context of America under judgment we have already seen different groups turn against each other. The biggest categories seem to be Liberals and Republicans. The country is sharply divided right down the middle, and there is an intense hatred and mistrust from either side. God turned the Egyptians upon themselves and He has done the same in this country. In Egypt had 12 different regions, this would be the kingdom part of the scripture. They also turned on each other. In this country we will see States turning on each other and fighting with one another, at least in the political realm, some threatening to secede over issues such as drugs and abortion and gay marriage and illegal immigration and so on. This will be part and parcel of the national breakdown of leadership as they abdicate responsibility and lose wisdom.

So we can see that fear has struck the heart of the people of America, just like the Egyptians. We also see the rise of hatred and fear of one another. This is most clearly seen with people like Rush Limbaugh and Hannity and Ann Coulter spewing out hatred every day for any category of people who differ from them. This is part of the unraveling of American society, the very fabric of it being ripped apart and destroyed. These are some of the heroes of many of the professing Christians who look to these people as “future-tellers.”
In Isa 19:3 it states “And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst of it and I will destroy its wisdom and they shall seek to idols and to enchanters and to the mediums and to the future-tellers.” Can I suggest that we are far to modern here in the States to call our idols by those names. Yet so many professing Christians look to the media to hear what their future-tellers have to say and they have enriched these future-tellers, or pundits. Listen to what Matthew Henry has to say about these verses……..

III. The Egyptians shall be embroiled in endless dissensions and quarrels among themselves. There shall be no occasion to bring a foreign force upon them to destroy them; they shall destroy one another (Isa_19:2): I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians. As these divisions and animosities are their sin, God is not the author of them, they come from men’s lusts; but God, as a Judge, permits them for their punishment, and by their destroying differences corrects them for their sinful agreements. Instead of helping one another, and acting each in his place for the common good, they shall fight every one against his brother and neighbour, whom he ought to love as himself – city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.

IV. Their politics shall be all blasted, and turned into foolishness. When God will destroy the nation he will destroy the counsel thereof (Isa_19:3), by taking away wisdom from the statesmen (Job_12:20), or setting them one against another (as Hushai and Ahithophel), or by his providence breaking their measures even when they seemed well laid; so that the princes of Zoan are fools: they make fools of one another, every one betrays his own folly, and divine Providence makes fools of them all, Isa_19:11. Pharaoh had his wise counsellors. Egypt was famous for such. But their counsel has all become brutish; they have lost all their forecast; one would think they had become idiots.

You see, when God judges a nation in this fashion he robs their leaders of their wisdom. He brings about situations where the best counselors are at a complete loss as to how to move forward and solve their problems and their problems only mount up higher and higher. This is undoubtedly the situation America faces right now and since it is God that sits in judgement, there are no resolutions to their mounting problems and crisis. Just when they seem to get a handle on one problem and seek to breathe a little easier, quickly the next judgment comes. In Egypt we see that the Nile was dried up. This was the source of the wealth of than nation, God strikes at the very heart of their resources. Of course we saw recently an unprecedented financial collapse that threatened to swallow up the whole world. In order to solve their problems America spent a vast a mount of money, money that they did not have. This was a country already deeply in debt to foreign nations, now they have have plunged themselves, with complete abandon, into an ocean of debt in order to try and stabilize their world. This is only delaying the inevitable. At some point their enemies will turn on them and call in their debt. The great pride of this nation has been its wealth, its the very heart of the country, now we see all this slipping away just as the Egyptian saw their own wealth slip away as the Nile slowly dried up. America is drowning in an ocean of debt, started by the Republicans, carried on gleefully by the Democrats but initiated by God Himself as judgment. Moving forward these two groups will point the finger at each other as the problems of debt mount. When they are struck once again by terrorism, then this will be the catalyst that will tear the country apart. Each will blame the other with a ferocity not seen before. Isa 19:14 “Jehovah has mixed a perverse spirit in its midst; and they have caused Egypt to go astray in all its work, like a drunkard staggers in his vomit. ” When God mixes in a perverse spirit, woe to that place.

The time has come for the American church to rely upon God alone for their security. They must know hat their identity is in the Lord and in Him alone. The very country that they take so much pride in will one day soon turn on them. Yet for those who turn to the Lord with their whole hearts they will find great blessings and peace of mind . This does not mean that they will not be persecuted, without a doubt they will be, and by their own country, but they will be covered by a peace that surpasses all understanding. God is, even as we speak, working His judgment upon the land. The mighty shall be humbled, yet God’s people will be like a city set upon a hill. I wish I could say that judgment will turn the nation back to God but I fear it is not so. Judgment will only harden the hearts of those who resist God, their hatred for God’s people only increasing as a perverse spirit begins to blame God’s people for all the woes of society, much like the Nazis began to blame the Jewish people for all the woes of the German people.

God has begun to pass judgment on all those things that the American Christian holds dear and gleans security from. If the very constitution that so many Americans stand upon, if that is their trust, their security, then that too will be judged and removed. And the people cry “Never, blasphemy,” forgetting that God allowed the nation of Israel and Judah to be invaded and destroyed and the temple, so central to the Jewish identity, completely destroyed, not one stone left standing upon another. Yes, it staggers the American mind, yet nevertheless, God has come on a swift cloud and God has come to judge. Joe 2:1 Blow a ram’s horn in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble. For the day of Jehovah comes, for it is near at hand;

So brothers and sisters, do likewise. Blow the trumpet. In Joel’s day they lost everything to a devastating plague of locusts. Not an ordinary plague, a devastating supernatural plague designed to call the people to repentance. In the last 10 years we have seen 9/11, a tsunami that was unknown in our times or our history books, Katrina and then a financial meltdown that took the world to the brink. Now, in Joel’s day they had just over 30 years before they were invaded and destroyed. They did not heed this warning from the prophet, they managed to get back on their feet again, just in time to be destroyed. Shall we ignore these devastating, world shattering warnings? Will we write them of as merely natural disasters? Or, will we recognize that God rides on a swift cloud and has come to judge the Land?

2011/2/17 17:48

Re: Jehovah rides upon a swift cloud

Brother, David Wilkerson wrote a book back in 1985 titled, "Set The Trumpet To Thy Mouth" with the forward by Leonard Ravenhill.

On Page 3 the subtitle is - "America is Babylon" - Which is enclosed within Chpt 1 titled "The Destruction of America".

Page 17 - subtitle - "America Will Not Repent".

randomly going through the book - Page 21 "America Parties on the Brink of Judgment" ...

but what I hear, no matter what forum or website I look at is "Prophesy unto us Pleasant things."

Jeremiah seems to be speaking to this last days Laodicean church with these words -

Jer 23:9 Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness.
Jer 23:10 For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right.
Jer 23:11 For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD.
Jer 23:12 Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the LORD.
Jer 23:13 And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.
Jer 23:14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
Jer 23:15 Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.
Jer 23:16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD.
Jer 23:17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.
Jer 23:18 For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?
Jer 23:19 Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
Jer 23:20 The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly.

When I was saved in '76 one of the very first books that I read was "The Vision" by David Wilkerson copyrighted 1974.

What I read is what the antiChrist will do to The Saints.

How do we take these things so lightly?
Are we under a delusion that because we've read about the seals and trumpets, then we're spiritually, mentally and emotionally prepared or ready and now we can just drop the subject?
Woe be to the false prophets and shepherds who are supposed to be shepherding and Protecting the sheep who follow their ministries and to them and some of their followers [sheep] - we see Ezekiel 34.

Yes, even if David comes out and says that he was mistaken in writing that book - we Must set the trumpet to our mouths - lest the blood is on our heads - but may it be because we love His Body, more than our own "heads" - Rev 20:4.

1Jn 3:16 "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." ........ how else but with our voices, as those who went on before us did.

GOD's speed!

2011/2/17 22:16

Re:

"How do we take these things so lightly?
Are we under a delusion"

Probably............brother Frank

2011/2/18 10:01
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Jehovah rides upon a swift cloud

Quote:
At this period of time the Jewish people had a strong alliance with Egypt. While on the one hand they professed a dependence upon God, in reality they were truly dependant upon Egypt for their continued protection against stronger forces than them.

5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

2011/2/18 11:11Profile

Re:

"5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD"

Amen brother...........brother Frank

2011/2/18 16:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy