SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Your Healing Is In Your Mouth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Your Healing Is In Your Mouth

In time of difficulty one of the most important things if not the most important thing is what you speak out of your mouth. In this instance we'll see what the Bible says about times of sickness. In Proverbs 4:20-22 it says "My son, attend to my words; incline thy ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh." The word health is translated in the Strongs Concordance as- a medicine, a cure, a remedy, healing(health). If you keep God's word in your eyes, in your ears, and in your mouth it will produce healing or health in your body. Proverbs 12:18 says "but the tongue of the wise is health", the tongue of the wise is the tongue that speaks God's word. Proverbs 16:24 says "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul and health to the bones." Notice in all of those scriptures words produce healing in your body.

Proverbs 15:4 says "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life". That word wholesome is translated as the word health in the previous verses. Notice a wholesome tongue, a tongue that brings healing to your body. Death and life are in the power of the tongue and you will eat the fruit thereof (Proverbs 18:21). Sickness comes under death and healing and health comes under life. Death is anything that takes away from a quality of life and life is anything that adds to a quality of life and they are both in the power of the tongue. Understand the word of God is quick and powerful (Hebrews 4:12). And God and his word are one so what God can do his word can do (John 1:1). God's word always has the power to heal (Psalms 107:20). And if you believe, according to your faith be it unto you (Matthew 9:29).

2011/2/16 15:57Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Your Healing Is In Your Mouth

Quote:
Proverbs 15:4 says "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life". That word wholesome is translated as the word health in the previous verses. Notice a wholesome tongue, a tongue that brings healing to your body. Death and life are in the power of the tongue and you will eat the fruit thereof (Proverbs 18:21).

Bro Franklin, I don’t know anyone who can disagree with this! Amen!

2011/2/16 20:30Profile
savannah

Re: Your Healing Is In Your Mouth?

FranklinB,

You said(among other things),

"Notice in all of those scriptures words produce healing in your body."

Would you please expound upon your brief post as I am unsure of what doctrine you may be advocating.

Thanks for your consideration

2011/2/16 22:35Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

If our healing was in our mouth, who'd be sick?

Just a thought.

2011/2/17 1:45Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Who'd be sick, those that don't do what God said as a lot of people do not.

2011/2/17 15:59Profile
FranklinB

Re:

I'm just applying what the Bible says. Just as God himself told Joshua "This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth" Joshua 1:8 and as a result he would make his way prosperous. The word of God coming out of his heart by his mouth made him prosperous. Well, that same principle works for healing. Thanks

2011/2/17 16:04Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Amen and yet some people do. Thank you so much for reading this.

2011/2/17 16:06Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Franklin, have you ever been sick?

2011/2/17 16:53Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Amen! Another wonderful post Franklin B!

Pro 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
Pro 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Pro 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

2011/2/17 16:58Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
If our healing was in our mouth, who'd be sick?

These verses pertain more to spiritual healing, which can bring physical healing as well. Praise the Lord! He is good to us!

There will always be illness though. 'Til Christ comes!

But if we are healed spiritually, does the physical even matter so much. :P Just a thought to consider.

2011/2/17 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy