SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Suggestions To Make SermonIndex.net better

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Suggestions To Make SermonIndex.net better

Saints,

I am constantly open to ideas and thoughts from the brothers and sisters who use this site and have ways of improving or optimizing the site. We have made many great changes over the past years, many of them has been trimming down and making the website easier to use, simpler and faster to access.

We are open to ideas from the body of Christ that uses the site and in the past some ideas have helped tremendously.

2011/2/16 1:03Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Suggestions To Make SermonIndex.net better

I personally would like the preview screen back! You just see things you don't see typing it up, I feel.

I try to type up my responses in Word to see if I like it but we still don't see what it will actually look like and read like until we click "Submit." I've actually clicked "Edit" immediately to change a few things but by that time 5 people have read the original one and may want to respond to that one!

One time by the time the person responded I had changed a few things and I felt they quite possibly thought I had removed what I said because I was trying to hide something when it really was in innocence.

Thank you for all you do Greg!!

2011/2/16 7:10Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Is there anyway to make a search bar on the home page, instead of having to click on the By Search text thing? That would be convient and would greatly reduce threads that ask if the site has certain speakers or content. This may also encourage others to search the threads already typed out rather than starting up over discussed topics.

2011/2/16 7:22Profile
TrueWitness

Can we get back some of the things we used to have:
1) Full text of scripture pops up when you mouse-over a scripture reference.
2)HTML formatting in forum posts like bold text <b></b> and italics<i></i>. You can leave off allowing colored text. It is very annoying (I'm looking at you Waltern).

2011/2/16 9:01Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

1) New design with generous white space to break up the very cluttered design.

2) Improved search abilities. You should be able to search for something in different parts of the site. Search results for sermons should not include search results from the forum.

3) Sortable sermon lists. I should be able to sort sermons by date/rating/size/alphabetically/etc. Finding the best Leonard Ravenhill and Art Katz sermons can be a 30 minute process. Such makes for bad stewardship of my time.

4) The ability to link to individual landing pages for each sermon. This would be especially helpful for us hardcore Facebook users who like to share the resources you make available. Much better than linking them to page 6 of a preacher, and telling them to scroll half way down.

5) More customizable profiles. And profiles should reveal my most recently posted forum items, and favorited sermons.

6) Forum functionality needs to be improved. It's a little archaic.

7) Facebook/Twitter/Digg/social media "Like" buttons.

8) jQuery search suggest tool when searching.

9) A weekly video or audio devotional by Greg Gordon the great :-)

10) More glory to God :-)

2011/2/16 9:18Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Waltern

Quote:
by TrueWitness

It is very annoying (I'm looking at you Waltern).

Here I am sitting in a quiet class of high school students that are working on their reports and your statement caused me to burst out laughing!

Thank you, thank you for my morning hearty laugh!!

2011/2/16 9:28Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Is there anyway to make a search bar on the home page, instead of having to click on the By Search text thing? That would be convient and would greatly reduce threads that ask if the site has certain speakers or content. This may also encourage others to search the threads already typed out rather than starting up over discussed topics.

Thanks for all the comments thus far we will be considering them for future edits and upgrades to the site!

2011/2/16 12:27Profile
feidaliqi

Hi,

I really appreciate this ministry, as I _love_ the idea of resources like this being made freely available. It's amazing how many sermons you guys offer for download.

The one thing I would change is this: due to the large number of sermons, it is really hard to pick one. It would be good to have a long list of recommended sermons (it doesn't take long to finish the ones on the front page), or even several long lists of recommended sermons, each maintained by a different person.

Right now I am looking at the classics podcast and downloading those from this site because I don't want to use iTunes. A simple first step would be to make a list of the sermons in the classics podcast on this site, so that I don't have to leave this site to find them.

Another (hopefully?) easy step toward this idea would be to allow sorting the sermons by the person who added them.

Anyway, whether or not you improve this, I will still be using your site :)

Love,
-feidaliqi

2011/3/31 2:33Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

To be able to look over messages "sent" not just messages received would be a wonderful thing if possible.

Thanks for all you do on this website Greg! Love it here.

2011/3/31 11:38Profile

Hi Greg,

I would like there to be a standard format for the way each sermon is listed, so that the title of the conference or church where it occurred, cannot be the alphabetic lead over the title of the sermon.

Likewise, if you want to put the newest sermons from a speaker on the first page (as after a conference), could this be dated so that first page is limited to a week or a month (whatever), and one can figure out where else to look if one is looking for it after that period?

Rather than having a numerical list of pages, I would like the pages to be alphabetically separated. There may be 10 pages of sermons beginning with 'The', but that would be less annoying than having first to find where 'The' begins as well.

Although I have not in the past been interested in the date a sermon was delivered, the more I listen, the more I notice that quality can be an issue, and so, it would be helpful both to have the date, and, to be able to hear a 5 second clip to assist deciding whether to download, or, to know by some other system (eg you give them a grade), before downloading an entire sermon, that the quality is less than the best.

For myself, this is partly because my hearing is not what it used to be, and while using headphones is an option, it is not the healthy option - especially for sermons from preachers who shout suddenly, and then drop their voice to a dramatic whisper.

I would also like more space to describe a sermon. It is sometimes very unrealistic to ask for only two scriptures from the sermon, if the preacher has used twenty. Is there a way the possibility of listing them all could be made available?

2011/3/31 12:39

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy