SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Chaplins in the military

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
A-beliver

Christian Chaplins in the military

I was wondering if anyone could give a believer's view of a Chaplin in the military. I have considered this a lot, and have even prayed about it, and I was wondering if I could get a third party opinion about it.

2011/2/15 12:45Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Christian Chaplins in the military

This has been in my heart too in the last 6 months. I wesnt as far as to contact the recruiter for a Chaplin position. Here is what I found out. In no way am I trying to say that this is always the case, just my experience.

If you want to be a military Chaplin, you need to worship ALL religions that people may bring to you. You have no choice in the matter. They make you sign a statement that says (paraphrasing) that you will not try to convert people to your faith, and that you will help them in the walk with their own faith instead. Also, you need have some sort of letter of reccomendation from a souyrce chosen by the military. From my gathering of this info, the churchs that can give these recommendations are UCC and such. :-(

It was explained to me, and I read that as a Chaplin, you are not to try to convert people over to Christianity, but only facilitate their religous beliefs. So, if a Muslim came to you and asked you to marry them in a Islamic way, you would have to comply, or you would be in breach of military code. Same with funerals, rituals.

So unless you plain on being straight up and telling them that you will only preach Jesus, you will prob get turned down. Maybe they will give you a pass...

Blessings.

2011/2/15 13:01Profile
A-beliver

Re:

Thank you very much for this information. This will help me decide my future plans involving this MOS.

May GOD bless you as well, friend.

2011/2/15 14:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy