SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Seminary schools?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
InLove

Good Seminary schools?

Hi,

I'm currently seeking to find a school/seminary that will please God and give me not just education. I'm not exactly sure what i'm looking for, I pray God will lay one in front of me, but i'm taking the effort to find a good one.

If anyone could give me there opinion of the best seminaries they know of and why I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and In Love,
Joe

2011/2/15 11:57Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Good Seminary schools?

Joe,

I would suggest that you go to Field seminary.

Get in the field and begin to work. Spend a year or two in the orphanages in Mexico, Uganda, Romania, etc... This is the best schooling that you will ever need.

If the Lord places "school" on your heart after serving, then go. But I would highly suggest mission work and to plant the Lord's flag where it has never been planted before.

Blessings!

2011/2/15 12:05Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are some institutions and school experiences that are not large seminaries but good practical steps towards ministry with the Lord.

GFA School Of Discipleship
http://www.gfa.org/schoolofdiscipleship/

Calvary Chapel Bible College Colorado
http://www.ccbccolorado.com/

Ellerslie Training College
http://www.ellerslie.com/Home.html

Ecclesia College
http://www.ecollege.edu/

2011/2/15 12:21Profile
InLove

Re:

Quote:
I would suggest that you go to Field seminary.

This is exactly what I feel is needed, but I don't know how to go about it. I can't find a good program or group. The ones I mostly find are "pay money and come with us a few weeks". Any advise one this route?

2011/2/15 12:32Profile
InLove

Re:

I'm still open to all suggestions though. Thanks for the input this far.

2011/2/15 12:32Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Are you looking to be paid to go on mission work?

There are tons of missionary work that can be done. In my circle we send missionaries down to an orphanage in Huajuapan de'leon in Oaxaca, Mexico. It can be anywhere from 2 weeks, to 3+ years. The usuall time down is 6-12 months. Free room and board is the only pay that they get. These missionaries do raise their own support I would like to add.

I would suggest not setting your mind on being paid if you are a missionary. Its an all out service position that pays in heavenly currency only. But, it is the only currency that matters.

I would suggest looking into places like this if you are truly looking to go. Let the Lord lead you. What's the worst that could happen? Death?

2011/2/15 12:52Profile
sidadm

Having been to Bible School, thinking that I needed to set 2 years of my life aside to just study Bible related things, I would say, in retrospect that you don't need it.

You only need the School of the Spirit in real life everyday.

Bible School/Seminary is an unrealistic cocoon that does not have much to do with real life.

Most everything that I have learned that has any eternal value I learned in the School of the Spirit raising a family, going to work, interacting with the lost everyday.

Most of these institutions train you in such a way that you will be a supporter of Institutional Christianity.

If you want to find God's calling on your life, get with God. You don't need a Bible School/Seminary to know and understand and walk in God's ways. In many ways, they can be a detriment.

No matter what I or anyone else in this thread says to you, you have to hear God's voice. Can you hear His voice? You don't learn this in Bible Schools. You learn this on your own. You and the Lord, together.

The best way to learn is to start pressing into the Lord right where you are, spending a lot of time in prayer and His Word, being a Doer of the Word and walking as Jesus walked. Bible Schools, actually create a lot of textbook activity which results oftentimes in creating Hearers of the Word, Debaters, Theologians, Professional Clergy, etc. Is this what you want? Many people go to these schools for a career thinking that this is the way to be a minister.

In my opinion, based on experience and knowing many that have graduated from these schools, you would be better off, in spending your money on something that can help you earn a living and support your family if you have one or ever hope to have one. You are not suppose to earn a living off of the Gospel. Don't know if you have ever heard that or not, but you will certainly read about it in the NT.

Knowledge puffs up (grows our pride), but love edifies.

You don't need Bible School to learn to walk in love and walk as Jesus walked. However, you do need Seminary and a degree to have a religious career.

Bottom Line: Can you hear God's voice in your life?

2011/2/15 13:00Profile

The only reason that I'd go to school is to learn hermeneutics, exegesis and Greek and/or Hebrew - If it's a desire to go deeper into His WORD. As it's said, "that in the fulness of times, Christ came" - that it was ordained by GOD that "Greek" be the international language at that time as well, because it was the most exact language of all time - but to learn "doctrine" - I'd have to say No, imo.

Otherwise, I'd just roll up my sleeves and go to a ministry like brother Greg told us about in California with the homeless.

America needs missionaries more than most!

What good does it do for everyone to go to other nations when ours is so in need of the pure Gospel and so many are in our cities are destitute and bound by addictions, etc. and that will certainly increase in the coming days. Drastically increase, that is.

I strongly hang to John 16:13, 14 - so I'm in agreement that HE is and should or must be our teacher, doctrinally speaking. Though I don't fault anyone wanting to learn 'how' to study His WORD in more depth. It all depends on what you feel is your calling. Teacher, missionary, pastor or so forth.

Love & prayers.
Your Sis

2011/2/15 13:13
jiyouk

Re:

I'm 25 years old, Korean, and I was looking for a seminary as well anywhere in the world.

The life seminary thing is a good idea, but we learn by seeing. I've been looking out my whole life for a mentor with grace and truth and have never found one close by.

So i'm open to more suggestions.
Looking into ones that Greg recommended and I only see white people lol no offence.
I'm gonna listen to their sermons and stuff to check it out. Thanks Greg for the post.

It would be very nice to have suggestions for more international communities.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

2011/2/15 13:14Profile
sidadm

Re:

You don't need to go to Bible schools to get a "mentor".

I don't know how else to say this to you and you may not even understand this, but brother or sister, your MENTOR is the Holy Spirit.

What is it that you want to know? Can you articulate it? Ask the Lord, search the Scriptures.

Don't lean upon your own understanding. Lean on the Lord.

2011/2/15 13:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy