SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Apostolic Foundations: The Challange of Living an Authentic Christian Life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The basic premise of this book is that the church has lost its apostolic and prophetic understanding of itself. Instead of living a life that is of an apostolic quality at its core, it has slipped into a sub par life and ministry that is below God's intention for her. This book seeks to recover what it means to be a church that is truly "apostolic."

You can buy this book at: http://artkatzministries.org/online_bookstore/books/

This book is a very heavy read. It is not something you can just skim over. It's like 300 pages of Ephesians. Every sentence is fully loaded and theologically rich.

2011/2/13 8:38Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Link Checked

The link appears to be working for me. Anyone else having trouble with it?

2011/2/13 9:36Profile

Re: Apostolic Foundations: The Challange of Living an Authentic Christian Life

http://articles.ochristian.com/book13913.shtml

It was never his intention that his works should be sold only - but since he entered Jesus' Arms -

I'd download this before it also is gone - though GOD has been faithfully keeping Art's things online by others as well - in his honor - to The Praise of Jesus.

2011/2/13 11:59
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

"Apostolic Foundations" is a book that recovers the meaning of the word "Apostolic." Rather than defining it from a concordance, Art Katz attempted to discover its meaning through much prayer, and tried to live it out himself. Katz would have, in no way, argued for the idea of men being "apostles" in a technical sense, but rather to engage in the spirit in which the Apostles operated. To Katz, arguments about things like "apostolic succession" were petty and meaningless. This book has nothing to do with imposing apostolic authority over others, but rather an apostolic authority that would come from total submission in all areas of life to the leading of Gods Spirit in ministry.

Here is just one good quote from the book. "We need more of this 'uttermost' salvation and less pre-packaged evangelistic techniques. We need more priests bringing the conviction and mercy of God down from His throne in heaven, and less well-meaning men bringing their own devices and systems out from their own heads. We need more lifting up of God and less pandering to man's self-interest. We need to stop appealing to men on the basis of all the benefits that will accrue to them if they would only 'accept' Jesus. A true priest would gag and choke on such terminology and egocentric appeals, based on benefits for 'accepting' Jesus." pp 60-61 first edition 1999.

Granted this is a quote taken out of context, but is a sampling of some of the issues Katz was attempting to iron out of the fabric of the body.

2011/2/13 12:08Profile

Re:

Thank you Jeremy! Yes, at first it didn't work for me as well - but now just checked and it's up. Thank you.

2011/2/13 12:18

I was getting a "Page Not Found" on several clicks, but this link works fine, thanks.

2011/2/13 12:58

Obtaining this book....

I just went to Amazon and the average price for this book was about 480.00$

That was not a miss-print...

I then went to King-Jimmys Katz site,

http://artkatzministries.org/online_bookstore/books/

and bought two...shipped out for $33.00...[$14 + shipping]

[one for someone who may need...and not afford...]

I had a limited relationship with Bro. Katz in the 90s...I liked his book "Reality" too.

2011/2/13 14:03
jeffz

My first encounter with Art Katz was from his sermon called "A Man in Whom the Spirit of God is" Talk about being "ruined" as my friend Steve use to say. It did ruin me for "regular" Christianity. I highly recommend it and his other message from the Holy of Holies is "God Crucified". Ever since I was "ruined" I never want to go back to accepting a message just because it seemed right. A message that comes from the Holy has the ability to melt a hard heart and go to the depths of my bowels. It is a message that must be re-conned with. Thanks for posting the quote from Art's book.

2011/2/17 3:18Profile

Re:

Amen Jeff. Listening to the audios of Art is what convinced me of the man - after 'hearing', then the reading took on a greater depth.

2011/2/17 8:46
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

One should also be aware, lest you be turned off by it, is that brother Katz has a very extensive vocabulary, and his speaking can be of such precision that he can be a tough act to follow. His manner of speaking sounds like a formal theological essay at times. And initially, this turned me off from him. But realizing he was speaking as few have ever spoken, that drew me into listening to what God had to say through him all the more.

It's a double-edged sword really. Having a dictionary in hand isn't a bad idea when listening to one of his messages. Sometimes he will kindly define some vocab that he knows is probably over the average man's head. But I believe the carefulness with which he picks his words will cause you to be all the more appreciative of his message, in print and in audio.

2011/2/17 9:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy