SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I love my bible.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

I love my bible.

Just to encourage you all to hold onto the word with all you hearts. It is forever settled in the heavens of which not one jot or tittle will be removed.

These days in which we live truely are as Amos foretold in Amos 8:11,12

“The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign Lord, “when I will send a famine through the land—not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord. Men will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the Lord,but they will not find it.

Let us be found in his word again spirt filled correct doctrine.

Many believers simply do not know the word of God. I have not been on this forum for a long time, so I'm not to sure of what its like now, but the majority on here now the bible. So many, however have no clue what the word of God says. Know it, speak it.

2011/2/9 16:24Profile

Re: I love my bible.

i feel the same Way, intensely. in Jesus' love, neil

2011/2/9 17:21
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

The snowstorm came in early in the morning this morning, and my shift started late last night, so I spent about 5 hours in a snowplow waiting for snow to fall. It gave me good time to pray. I love the Word of God, and prayed that God would help me to never handle the word deceitfully. I am teaching next week, and came across a couple of passages that I wanted to place in their proper context. It is so easy to try to prove the thing you are already convinced of, but this is dangerous. May we have such a love, respect and honor for God and His word that we would never handle it lightly, carelessly, or deceitfully. May we allow the Word to transform us, not the other way around.

2011/2/9 18:44Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I love the Bible too!

2011/2/9 18:48Profile
Jeremy221

Thank you for the post; I love having the testimony of the Word. I think you may have misunderstood that passage in Amos. The Word of the Lord the people are searching for is not the written Bible available at that time, otherwise they could attended the synagogue or gone to the Temple. The Word these people are looking for is the word of God specific to their need as spoken through the prophets by the Holy Spirit.

2011/2/9 19:31Profile

Thank you for the encouraging post ZekeO. It's right on the money - the need of the hour. The lack is "the Spirit of Truth" and the lack of a hunger for HIS Word. So many "words" but not from HIM.

Amos 8 is on the money as well, as it and the following chpt are one scenario of the last days.

I feel we're already in this famine. I feel it deeply, and am grieving.

I pray that GOD raise up the men on this forum to counteract heresies, wherever they are found, or else, we are grieving His "Spirit of Truth" and should not expect us to have HIS Blessing here.
That is and should be a man's job!

Welcome back Brother & Thank you!
Your Sis

2011/2/9 22:16
sidadm

Re:

The Pharisees memorized God's Word and codified it into rules for daily living.

Many Christian based, character based ministries today do this. They have huge seminars in stadiums and pass out a notebook to you, which replaces God's Word. Just follow their notebook with their interpretations because they made God's Word "easy" for you.

No one wants to work hard and dig into God's Word today and get to know the Lord intimately, having His Word "stamped" upon their hearts.

Got to go this book, or that book, or this sermon or that sermon. Teachers in the Body are good, as long as they don't replace THE TEACHER. Unfortunately, this is pretty much what has happened.

Most don't have a relationship with Christ today, they have a relationship with this author or that author.

Many "scribes" today have nullifed God's Word and that is why there is so much confusion and mixture in the camp.

2011/2/10 12:38Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy