SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Another prophecy question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
A-beliver

Another prophecy question

What prophecies have already come true pertaining to the end of the world and which one are happening now.

2011/2/9 13:18Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Another prophecy question

Brother, I think you would be better off investigating such claims in a detailed study of your own, seeking the Lord for understanding, and perhaps consulting sources greater than a forum on the internet. Little good can come from this method.

2011/2/9 13:20Profile
A-beliver

Re:

I thank you for your advise friend.
May God bless you abundantly.

2011/2/9 13:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
What prophecies have already come true pertaining to the end of the world and which one are happening now.

Brother,

I think this is good to ask of what we see as propchies that are being fulfilled in our day. One major one worthy of discussion is the old testament scriptures that stated the fact that Israel would come back to their own homeland. Some amazing things are happening in our days that are pointing to the second coming of Christ is near.

I do understand Jimmy's carefulness about arguing about claims of outlandish events being fulfilled prophecy. But there are enough solid good things to be discussed in this subject it is worthwhile.

2011/2/9 13:26Profile
A-beliver

Re:

If you don't mind me asking, what are some that are happening now.

2011/2/9 13:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

A-Believer,

I am sure you are asking a question that pertains to the political arena because it is a volatile issue. Rulers come and they go. God sets them up and removes them at his will and pleasure. Do you remember when Richard Nixon resigned from the presidency? Did you know that only a short time before he won the election by a landslide? If I recall, he won all but two states in the electoral college. (This was a very stressful time for the USA citizens.) The point is is that political alliances at best are unstable, fickle.

What the Scripture warns us the most about is deception. There are workers of iniquity that will perform miracles in the name of God! Now, how can we discern that? These people can and do lead others astray. How many times have people voiced reservations about a miracle worker only to be told 'that he does so many wonderful things?'

I know one must be extremely careful in labeling others. We are all human and make stupid mistakes. A godly person will admit it and repent; a deceiver will justify it or work to silence his distractor.

This to me is the more serious issue.

Lest you become paranoid about it, I would suggest you stay close to the LORD. Doing so will protect you. It does not mean you will never be led to believe a lie, but it will mean that once you are informed that it is one, you will make the necessary changes. When one is close to the LORD you will find the Holy Spirit sending you red flags - something just will not seem right but there is no compelling evidence to support it. However, with time it will prove otherwise. This is the Blessing of walking close with the LORD.

Still....

In studying prophecy I do have a question and it will likely reflect yours as well: what event will be so different that will prove we really are within a few years of Jesus return? Political upheavals come and go, despot rulers come and go, wars come and go. So do famines. The church apostasizes and at the same time is revived in obscure places. So, is there one particular event that is totally different from all the ones mentioned that would signal Jesus' return is upon us? (I am asking for a specific Biblical prophecy - not a contemporary one.)

I am not without questions, either: not that it matters.:-)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2011/2/13 10:02Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

A-believer: I would honestly have a difficult time pointing them out to you. This is a pretty detailed and in-depth study. I do not think it is not important, but I have never taken the time to try to sit down and make a list. A few that I can say for sure. Israel is now a nation. We see the focus of the world on Israel continually, so she is already becoming a heavy burden to all the world. We see the decline of the USA which must happen to pave the way for a one world leader and his government. We see wars and rumors of wars. We see earthquakes, pestilence, diseases, etc. on the rise worldwide. All of these things are being fulfilled before our eyes. I do understand Jimmy's concern. There are a lot of differing, conflicting, and outright weird ideas about prophecy, and everyone seems to seek to dogmatically defend their own position. It really makes it tough to seek out someone with an answer to this question. An internet search may reveal someone with some insight to use as a starting point, but be careful about it. Search the scripture and pray about what you read. I am sure there are some really good teachers who focus on eschatology that could give you some insight, but there are also some who are off the deep end as well.

2011/2/13 12:22Profile

Re:

""A few that I can say for sure. Israel is now a nation. We see the focus of the world on Israel continually, so she is already becoming a heavy burden to all the world. We see the decline of the USA which must happen to pave the way for a one world leader and his government. We see wars and rumors of wars. We see earthquakes, pestilence, diseases, etc. on the rise worldwide. All of these things are being fulfilled before our eyes.""

**Search the scripture and pray about what you read.**

Good post twayneb. The Net is a dangerous place to search for other people's opinions on the last days until we've done the Scripture searching with prayer as you and others have recommended.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
and he will shew you things to come.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God:
for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Oops - I meant to close with - HE is Faithful to lead His own Sheep.

2011/2/13 12:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy