SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Asking prayer for son Noah

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dougr777

Asking prayer for son Noah

I'd like to ask for prayer for our son Noah. His knee condition has been diagnosed as Osteochondritis Dessicans.

---
Here is the definition.

Osteochondritis dissecans is a joint disorder in which cracks form in the articular cartilage and the underlying subchondral bone.[1] OCD is caused by blood deprivation in the subchondral bone. This loss of blood flow causes the subchondral bone to die in a process called avascular necrosis. The bone is then reabsorbed by the body, leaving the articular cartilage it supported prone to damage. The result is fragmentation (dissection) of both cartilage and bone, and the free movement of these osteochondral fragments within the joint space, causing pain and further damage.

He is having surgery this Wednesday to remove the cartilage that broke off and is floating , and then they will basically poke holes in the bone where it has died, to encourage it to clot and create some artificial cartilage, as his is gone.

We also learned today he has this in his other knee as well- though we don't think it has advanced to a piece broken off- we will find out after tomorrow's MRI. The surgery is Wednesday.

SO.... please pray for God to restore to him the cartilage lost, and for the bone and lesions to be healed and whole as He intended them to be.

This will be very difficult for Noah- as he will be non-weight bearing on the one knee for 6 weeks, and then ONLY walking for 6 months to a year- no sports or activity other than walking. And in the midst of that he may have to have surgery on the other knee as well.

Anyone who knows Noah- knows what an active and activity filled like he leads! So please also pray that God will give him peace through all this and he will understand this is for the long term benefit of healing.

Of course God can do a miracle in all this and he be healed much sooner! So we will seek Him for that too!

Blessings,
Kristen and Doug

2011/2/7 14:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Asking prayer for son Noah

Quote:
I'd like to ask for prayer for our son Noah. His knee condition has been diagnosed as Osteochondritis Dessicans.

Oh precious brother!!! I will pray. God can do a miracle!

2011/2/7 14:25Profile
Nellie

Re: Asking prayer for son Noah

Father, Please touch Noah, and give this Family Your Peace.
We trust You to do what is best for Noah.
Guide the Surgeons hands. In Jesus Name.

2011/2/7 14:38Profile
dougr777

Re:

Thanks, I forgot to mention he is 14 yrs old.

Doug

2011/2/7 15:41Profile
dougr777

Re:

For anybody who lifted our son up in prayer, he is doing ok right now, but his knee issue is serious and could affect how much activity he can participate in his life... hopefully his knee/bone and cartilidge will be healed and restored in his left knee.

What is interesting is this disease is affecting his right knee as well so in 6 months we have to start this process over again then. Thanks for praying for Noah.

Doug

2011/2/11 9:41Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

praying for your son,brother.

2011/2/11 9:54Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello Doug, Noah & family,

My heart goes out to you, your son and your family. The other day I replied to another thread on this same forum and the reply fits here, as well. So, I will re post it. (Personally, this modern parable touches my heart very deeply and I never tire of meditating on it.)

Quote:

But sometimes when the heat of the fire is so intense, it is hard to thank God for the pain.

Modern parable of The Silversmith:

Some time ago, a few ladies met in a certain city to study the scriptures. While reading the third chapter of Malachi, they came upon a remarkable expression in the third verse:

"And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." (Malachi 3:3)

One lady proposed to visit a silversmith, and report to them on what he said about the subject. She went accordingly, and without telling the object of her errand, begged the silversmith to tell her about the process of refining silver.

After he had fully described it to her, she asked, "But Sir, do you sit while the work of refining is going on?" "Oh, yes madam," replied the silversmith; "I must sit with my eyes steadily fixed on the furnace, for if the time necessary for refining be exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured."

The lady at once saw the beauty, and comfort too, of the expression, "He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." God sees it needful to put His children into a furnace; His eye is steadily intent on the work of purifying, and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us. Our trials do not come at random, and He will not let us be tested beyond what we can endure.

Before she left, the lady asked one final question, "When do you know the process is complete?" "Why, that is quite simple," replied the silversmith.. "When I can see my own image in the silver, the refining process is finished."

All the more reason to praise the heat of the fire!! This takes much practice, I know, but God is certainly giving you the opportunity. He will be with you. Lean on Him.

My prayers will include you all.

white stone

2011/2/11 10:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy