Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : My Yoke is Easy - Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

My Yoke is Easy - Sparks

"Open Windows" for February 7 by T. Austin Sparks

My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. (Matthew 11:30)

Dear friends, if any truth has the effect of turning you in upon yourself, making you introspective, self-occupied in a spiritual way, that truth has been wrongly apprehended. You may assume the position of the most spiritual, but you are all wrong in your apprehension. This great work which Christ did in His Cross was never intended to make anybody miserable. Of course, that goes without saying; yet there are multitudes who are miserable after trusting the Lord, miserable over the sin question in their lives; and the number, I am afraid, is increasing. Always keep a very distinct and broad line between fuller revelation, deeper truth (whatever you may term it—all that going-on-to-full-growth realm of things) and this whole matter of introspection.

Some people seem to think that to become more spiritual we must become more intense and tied-up and occupied with this whole matter of the spiritual life, and really they are the most unbearable people, the joy has gone out of them. I am certain of this, that nothing will ever come to you, however deep, however mighty, however tremendous, by revelation of the Holy Spirit, that will make you miserable. The revelation of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit—and there is no other revelation—will never make a soul miserable. There is something wrong if a Christian is miserable on spiritual matters, and it is either failure to apprehend the one great, absolute reality that the victory was God’s and that He won it in Christ, fully and finally, and we are not called to share at all in that battle; or the truth which has come subsequently has been misapprehended and has become something that is a burden grievous to be borne. The Lord Jesus said, “My yoke is easy, and My burden is light” (Matt. 11:30).

By T. Austin-Sparks from: The Battle Which is Not Yours

2011/2/7 8:23Profile

Re: My Yoke is Easy - Sparks

What a truthful post.

Quote:
There is something wrong if a Christian is miserable on spiritual matters, and it is either failure to apprehend the one great, absolute reality that the victory was God’s and that He won it in Christ,

When you have an "internal" besetting sin that has been apart of you almost from birth, it's VERY difficult to see the full salvation plan. Why?

I think it may be due to the standards that Christianity has placed upon itself and has spilt unto others that when you become a believer you should be living a victorious life, overcome sin, live above sin, walking in the Spirit etc.. And when we fail in that area we fall short.

And I think because of this sin in my life that I can't be possibly right with God. I am not sinning in this area daily or even weekly, but I fail miserably at temptation in this one area. So many other deliverance's were made possible, but this one thing that keeps me from truly witnessing, this one thing that restrains me preaching the gospel.
Quote:
This great work which Christ did in His Cross was never intended to make anybody miserable

I think he is right. There should be a joy. And this great gospel was given to us that we may experience that joy having been put right the relationship that man had with our Father through the act of Jesus Christ.

2011/2/7 10:41
Joyful_Heart

Re: My Yoke is Easy - Sparks

Amen! Oh, how this speaks to my heart. The Lord says to be anxious for nothing but in all things give thanks. That is the Words the Lord has been speaking to me lately. It really keeps my eyes on Him with joy & peace. Glory to God. What would we do without the Holy Spirit? Be praised my Lord, be praised.

Quote:
There is something wrong if a Christian is miserable on spiritual matters, and it is either failure to apprehend the one great, absolute reality that the victory was God’s and that He won it in Christ, fully and finally, and we are not called to share at all in that battle; or the truth which has come subsequently has been misapprehended and has become something that is a burden grievous to be borne. The Lord Jesus said, “My yoke is easy, and My burden is light” (Matt. 11:30).

2011/2/7 11:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy