Discussion Forum : General Topics : Memoir of an Apostate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Memoir of an Apostate

(Fearapostacy)

Don't take that scripture out of context. The writer of Hebrews was doing just that...writing to the Hebrews (Jews).

Some of them were in danger of reverting back into the Law and out right denying that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, that He was the Son of God, and in danger of reverting back into the Mosaic Law of works for salvation. It was this denying that Jesus was God manifest in the flesh and that He died for their sins.

You are are not in any danger if God is dealing with you. That's because He isn't going to deal with you unless He intends to have mercy on you. If He wasn't dealing with you, you just wouldn't care at all.

Now, let's look at some scripture shall we...

James 5:19-20
King James Version (KJV)
19Brethren, if any of YOU do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Galatians 6:1

1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in ANY trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.

1 John 1:9
King James Version (KJV)
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

...do you accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins?

if so, then just say it here and begin again.

Remember that Jesus spoke of the prodigal son which you are and which I was.

2011/7/6 23:57Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

(Fearapostacy)

Don't take that scripture out of context. The writer of Hebrews was doing just that...writing to the Hebrews (Jews).

Some of them were in danger of reverting back into the Law and out right denying that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, that He was the Son of God, and in danger of reverting back into the Mosaic Law of works for salvation. It was this denying that Jesus was God manifest in the flesh and that He died for their sins.

You are are not in any danger if God is dealing with you. That's because He isn't going to deal with you unless He intends to have mercy on you. If He wasn't dealing with you, you just wouldn't care at all.

King James Version (KJV)

20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in ANY trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.

King James Version (KJV)
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

...do you accept the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins?

Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

(Fearapostacy)

King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

savedsissies

Re:

Thank you for the encouragment :o)

2011/7/7 23:33Profile
savedsissies

Re:

Thank you the the scriptures about Mannaseh were of comfort to me :o) That he would forgive such a person.

2011/7/7 23:36Profile

Re:

by savedsissies wrote on 2011/7/7 20:36:44 -
"Thank you the the scriptures about Mannaseh were of comfort to me :o) That he would forgive such a person."

It's a good chpt to read and take seriously.

2011/7/8 12:03
DEADn

Lakeland FL

fearapostasy

I hear you. I can't add anything to help you personally but I have been in your shoes and really am there now. I walked away from the church, intentionally. I intentionally shut myself soul down to anything of God. I grew intense anger towards the church and gravitated towards goth culture. It gave me an avenue to express my anger without being destructive to myself. I did have those lines I did not cross though such as sexual immorality, smoking, drugs, even to the point of a foul mouth. I kept them all in check because I knew better.

I still have a hardness of heart in some areas of my life. I don't know if that becomes a spiritual problem of if it is because I am getting older. I will be 42 in August.

When it comes to the bible I don't take any verse on its own. I compare scripture with scripture because you can make anything on its own say what you want it to say.

I know that if I didn't beleive in God as I do know I would most likely be a theist. I think that is the word for it.
Oh, and the word DEADn is something I created because it is a reflection of what happened to my heart in late 1998 into 1999. This is what I felt in soul and still feel it in parts of my soul because I have trouble allowing some deep hurts to be gone or be released.

2011/7/8 12:58Profile
Jessi

Ephrata PA

Re: Saved Sissies

I came upon this thread and was troubled by your letter. My heart goes out to you, breaks for you. You said towards the end of your sharing that you once attended a Baptist church that held the belief of once saved, always saved, but then came across some passages about falling away and blasphemy. Do you realize that one who has blasphemed will have no desire whatsoever for God, and in fact will not be ABLE to feel convicted, or sorry for their sin, because God has left them? The Spirit of God is the One who brings conviction of sin upon a person's life; Christ draws people to Himself. Outside of Him, we will continue to live such selfish, self-serving lives that we would, like Satan, desire to be as the Most High.
I sense in your letter a longing. You know something is not right; you are not fulfilled. There's just a going from one failure to another.
Friend, may I humbly suggest that you let God break your heart just as painfully as He needs to? Would you realize that outside of Jesus Christ, and His grace and righteousness, there is NO HOPE for you and I?
Please, don't let the devil get the victory in your life. I beg you, please seek God - and seek Him HARD. Don't let Him go until your life has been changed - and I mean genuinely, totally changed. I will be praying for you. Seek Him hard. God is so worthy!!

2011/7/8 14:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy