SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Devil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rooster

The Devil

[i][b][size=medium][color=0000FF]I come from going to and fro on the earth... Job 1.7[/color][/size][/b][/i][i](The Malevolent Hedge-checker)[/i]
*The holiness and happiness of the saints are the shame and torment of the devil and the devil’s children*
***Satan is an adversary: "That adversary of yours; not a common adversary, but an enemy that impleads you, and litigates against you in your grand depending cause, and aims at your very souls."[i]The devil, the grand accuser of all the brethren; this title is derived from a word which signifies: to strike through, or to stab.[/i]
. He would strike malignity into our natures and poison into our souls. He is a roaring lion, hungry, fierce, strong, and cruel, the fierce and greedy pursuer of souls. By his business: He walks about, seeking whom he may devour; his whole design is to devour and destroy souls. To this end he is unwearied and restless in his malicious endeavours; for he always, night and day, goes about studying and contriving whom he may ensnare to their eternal ruin***[i]Remember how slyly Satan censured Job as a hypocrite, not asserting that he was so, but only asking, "Does Job fear God for nothing?"- " But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."[/i]
[b]***It is "NOT" strange if those that are approved and accepted of God be unjustly censured by the devil and his instruments; if they are otherwise unexceptionable, it is easy to charge them with hypocrisy, as Satan charged Job, and they have no way to clear themselves, but patiently to wait for the judgment of God. As there is nothing we should dread more than being hypocrites, so there is nothing we need dread less that being called and counted so without cause***[/b]
[u][i]***God suffered Job to be tried, as he suffered Peter to be sifted, but took care that his faith should not fail (Lu. 22:32) and then the trial of it was found unto praise, and honour, and glory, 1 Pt. 1:7***[/i][/u]
***God suffered Job to be tried, as he suffered Peter to be sifted, but took care that his faith should not fail (Lu. 22:32) and then the trial of it was found unto praise, and honour, and glory, 1 Pt. 1:7***
[i][b]Revelations 20.10 - and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.[/b][/i] AMEN

2004/11/16 13:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy