SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : new and confused

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
A-beliver

new and confused

Hello,I was wondering if anyone could explain the prophesy in Isaiah to me. I am fairly new to reading the bible and deciphering what it means. Thank you for any and all of your help.

To god be the glory

2011/2/4 13:43Profile

Re: new and confused

Welcome to SI

You may want to post your question in the scripture and doctrine section A-beliver.

2011/2/4 14:20
labmike

I'm pretty new here, myself, but for the sake of everyone here, could I ask you to explain where it is that you are confused? I am no expert on Isaiah, but for those who have some wisdom, it would help if you mentioned a little about your background and what exactly you are struggling with in Scripture.

2011/2/4 14:34Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

The book of Isaiah, among the rest of the major prophets are books which reveal the heart of God for his people in many ways. We discover and are told lots of things about the nature of who and what God is. There is a free bible study software called e-sword that can be downloaded here http://www.e-sword.net/, with this software you can download many commentaries, amongst which the two I recommend most are the commentaries by Albert Barnes, and Matthew Henry. Keep in mind that all commentaries are just that...commentaries. However, if you desire an in depth study of the major prophets, these commentaries may help you in at least catching and understanding the context of the time. Another book that you can pick up which will help you to understand any book in the Bible in a simple way is Halley's Bible Handbook.

I hope this helps a bit.

2011/2/4 15:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
The book of Isaiah, among the rest of the major prophets are books which reveal the heart of God for his people in many ways. We discover and are told lots of things about the nature of who and what God is.

AMEN and AMEN!

I love the book of Isaiah - it ranks among my favorite books in the OT. The others are Ecclesiastes and Revelation.

In reading and studying prophecy many people concentrate too much on trying to figure out when these prophecies will be fulfilled and completely miss out on learning the mind and heart of God - the heart that drives and motivates God. Now there is the wealth that is worth to be mined, so much that you will never plumb its depth. It will serve to delight and thrill you and fill you with much awe for who God is and what he will do. It will go a long ways to understand his holiness and his hatred for sin.

Now, if you have any specific question on the book, I suggest you post it in the Scriptures section...I am sure you will get a response there.

May you be richly blessed!

ginnyrose

2011/2/4 19:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Welcome to the SermonIndex website, may God bless you as you benefit from these free resources offered. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Here are some recommended audio resources that have blessed many and might be something for you to first take a look at:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

The Revival Hymn by Various Speakers
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

A Man Of God by Leonard Ravenhill
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1701&commentView=itemComments

Just Following Jesus by K.P. Yohannan
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=20648&commentView=itemComments

2011/2/4 20:01Profile
A-beliver

Re:

I am a high school student, who became a follower of Christ on 10/10/10. I have been trying to read through the bible for the first time when i got stuck in Isaiah about the time the new reports from Egypt started to air.I am Sorry for the confusion but I am particularly interested in the part pertaining to Egypt, since it seems to be happening as i read it from the Bible. I have reread it many times and have tried to get many different opinions from others but am still confused.

2011/2/9 13:12Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Blessings,
It's always good to see what the immeditate context was during Isaiah's prophecies?
--- what year was it around?
---Who was the King in Judah?
--- Who were the nations in power of Judah?
---Who were the orginal audiences for these prophecies?
--- How could the people at that time gather wisdom and strength from the words or Isaiah?
start there and then work your way foward...
God bless
andy

2011/2/9 14:36Profile
A-beliver

Re:

I will take that advice thank you very much.

2011/2/10 12:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy