SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi, I'm LabMike

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
labmike

Hi, I'm LabMike

Hi everyone,

My online nick is Laboratory Mike, and I've been listening to the sermons on this site for a couple months now. I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a site with sermons either translated into Asian languages (Chinese in particular), or if there are sermons in Chinese.

For a quick background, I came to Christ a little over a year ago (I might post a testimony later), and I have some connection with several Chinese students on my campus (I work as a PhD student in engineering right now). After listening to these students about what Christ is doing over there, and trying to speak with them through the language barrier, I want to see if I can give them a source of teaching in their own language. Also, I am planning to set up a Tor/Freenet server to distribute the same material in a form that isn't detectable to censors overseas.

Also, to whoever set this site up, thank you so much for the content! Sometimes I am convicted to the point that I am shaking when I listen to these sermons, and listening to them at work gives me something to talk about with my fiance.

Concerning my name, the "labmike" name came from an old project site, labortorymike.com. It was and is intended to be a site about food chemistry and explaining the basic ideas behind the chemical industry (i.e. part of my job). I've mothballed the site at this time for various reasons, but I keep the name so that my internet identity stays consistent.

Great to see y'all,

Mike

2011/2/4 12:38Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Hi, I'm LabMike

I pray that God aids you in your endeavors to place Godly material into the hands of people overseas. I too have found myself in tears and awe at the responsibility of being a child of God as a result of many sermons here. I wish I was able to help you with your request, but alas, welcome to SI.

2011/2/4 15:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Welcome to the SermonIndex website, may God bless you as you benefit from these free resources offered. If there is anything I can help you with please let me know. Here are some recommended audio resources that have blessed many and might be something for you to first take a look at:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=282

The Revival Hymn by Various Speakers
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2903

A Man Of God by Leonard Ravenhill
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1701&commentView=itemComments

Just Following Jesus by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=20648&commentView=itemComments

2011/2/4 20:01Profile
labmike

Re: sermonindex

I've listened to "A man of God," but I haven't listened to the others yet; I'll do so. Thanks!

2011/2/9 12:42Profile
labmike

Re: Areadymind

I know what you mean about being in awe. I am recently married, and the specific responsibility I have to my wife is something I think about constantly. The same is true for a small prayer group I have started. I will, no doubt, ask more about specifics as I have questions for y'all.

2011/2/9 12:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
For a quick background, I came to Christ a little over a year ago (I might post a testimony later), and I have some connection with several Chinese students on my campus (I work as a PhD student in engineering right now). After listening to these students about what Christ is doing over there, and trying to speak with them through the language barrier, I want to see if I can give them a source of teaching in their own language. Also, I am planning to set up a Tor/Freenet server to distribute the same material in a form that isn't detectable to censors overseas.

Dear brother,

That is a great vision and thought towards providing the Chinese church with great materials to edify their walk with the Lord. I don't know of any specific resources on the site that are in Chinese at this point. I have had a burden to see translations happen of some of the key resources in many different languages. Perhaps this is something you would like to intiate or help to translate some resources into chinese.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance to you.

2011/2/9 13:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy