Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : SNAKE HANDLERS

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

SNAKE HANDLERS

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2011 by David Wilkerson
SNAKE HANDLERS

(This made me think of what I just read by Brother Greg and "The Jonah Project". Thank You Jesus)

You cannot work effectively for Christ unless you are willing to take the risks involved. Jesus warned about the risks of encountering serpents.

I say this kindly, but the Bible says that the wicked are like poisonous serpents, and we must be snake handlers. I think it is significant that the Bible calls Satan “that old serpent” (Revelation 12:9). And Christ promised, “They shall take up serpents…” (Mark 16:18).

Jesus said, “Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in” (Luke 14:23). But in Ecclesiastes we are warned: “…whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him” (10:8). The hedges are filled with serpents, yet as fishers of men, we are told: “If he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?” (Luke 11:11).

Soul winners are promised “…and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them…” (Mark 16:18). This refers to a missionary’s or other believer’s accidentally imbibing a poison, but there is something far greater hidden in this Scripture. Just as surely as Christians drink of the blood of Christ—the river of life, of his divine love and beauty—we unconsciously drink also of the poison of this world when we go out to preach the gospel.

We absorb so much of the spirit of this world, we take such deadly things into our spiritual lives, that unless we receive Holy Ghost protection I do not see how Christian workers can go where sinners are. You cannot help drinking in some of these unmentionable things into your spirit. But if you drink any deadly thing while you are going after serpents in the power of Christ, the poison will not hurt you. When the Lord began to show me this truth, I would go home and pray, and I could feel the breath of the Holy Spirit pouring through my system. The poison would just drain out and I could stand up cleansed and pure—unharmed.

2011/2/3 12:19Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: SNAKE HANDLERS

Amen joyful.

Quote:
Soul winners are promised “…and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them…” (Mark 16:18)

Mar 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

2011/2/3 12:28Profile
learjet

Re: SNAKE HANDLERS

Quote:
We absorb so much of the spirit of this world, we take such deadly things into our spiritual lives, that unless we receive Holy Ghost protection I do not see how Christian workers can go where sinners are. You cannot help drinking in some of these unmentionable things into your spirit. But if you drink any deadly thing while you are going after serpents in the power of Christ, the poison will not hurt you. When the Lord began to show me this truth, I would go home and pray, and I could feel the breath of the Holy Spirit pouring through my system. The poison would just drain out and I could stand up cleansed and pure—unharmed.

This is true about missionaries but the state of the world now has ZERO hope (not that we've ever had any outside of Christ). I've been praying more and more for my kids because I realize that they are constantly bombarded by the enemy (please pray for me to remember ALL of the kids in my prayers, not just my own). Heck you can't even go to places that are considered 'reputable news outlets' anymore without being tempted by lustful images. If this trash sometimes effects me how much more does it effect those who might have a less discerning eye? I need grace and power more than ever.

We shall overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of our testimonies!

Thanks for posting!

In Christ,
Earl J.

2011/2/3 12:55Profile

Re: Sometimes the snakes have two feet.

On one of my ministry trips to India, I stayed several weeks at a fairly large Bible College paying cash to rent a visitors apartment there. In the process, I uncovered greed and graft and the deceptions that went with it.There was a lot of Western donations that they were stealing.

I confronted various leaders about it, and several were in on the theft, and tried to set me up to be discredited in various ways. The Lord gave me a lot of strength and confidence,and, of course, they failed.

Towards the end of my stay, I was invited to dinner at one of the homes of one of the young leaders. They offered me a fried beef dish, but did not eat any theirselves. I ate it, as it was set before me.

After a couple of hours, I realized that it was poison. I became violently ill, and regurgatated. I cried out to the Lord, and experienced His mighty healing power, and within an hour, was completely back to normal.

The next day, I could see the amazement on their faces. In this case, the serpents I picked up were men, false brethren, and they who administered the poison.

Jesus is always faithful; even when we suffer. Living by faith can be as simple as trusting Him all of the time, in all that happens to us.

2011/2/3 15:05
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Hallelujah Brother Tom. God surely keeps His and His Word is always true. You serve the One and Only True God and they saw it. I pray these will see and turn from their wicked ways. Awesome testimony. Glory to God!

2011/2/4 12:05Profile

Re:

praise God brother Tom great testimony of his faithfulness.

2011/2/6 1:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy