SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Jesus is the Sabbath

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

So if you are keeping the Sabbath every day of the week, and every hour of the day, why do you have a problem with keeping it on Saturday? Because if that is the case, you are already doing it - giving up your will for HIS in all things at all times - for is that not what resting in HIM means? Is that not what holiness is? Being set apart for HIS use and HIS use alone?

2011/2/2 22:32Profile
libertad

Re:

HeartSong,

Check this out and maybe you will see what Christ did for us and is continuiing to do.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37356&forum=34&0

2011/2/2 23:27Profile
HeartSong

Re:

It is not only what He did, it is what He is continuing to do.

2011/2/2 23:38Profile
restinhim

Re:

HeartSong,

There is no real "meat" in the shadow - you will starve if you seek your food there. The "meat" is in the body - the Body of Christ who is the fulfillment of the Law.

I don't wanna starve and I hope you don't either.

All salvation is by Christ and grace alone. It's faith, not works that save us. Undeserved kindness because works could never save us!! We all fall short and fail.

It is perfectly OK for you to set aside that day, and to model it on the Jewish practice. The only idea that I oppose is when folks transform their FREEDOM into a doctrine that we should obey the Sabbath commandment BECAUSE it is an OT LAW that was never "abolished." That leads directly back to the bondage of the Law. And I believe it is based on a confusion about the fulfillment of the Law in Christ.

2011/2/3 10:04Profile
enduretoend

Re:

Can we then change the WORD OF GOD?

Answer: Absolutely NOT! Therefore you need to quit Sabbath keeping and obey the Word of God as taught by God in the New Testament. You know He commanded that we stop circumcising our children. So also he commands that we stop seeking to be "blessed" by keeping other OT Laws like the sabbath.

Do real Jewish Christians keep the Sabbath?

The True Jew will find his or her True Sabbath Rest in Jesus Christ and nowhere else. The carnal commandment was a shadow of the reality which is Christ.

Jesus kept sabbath because He was born under the law to redeem them under the Law. He gave no command to any of His people, the Christians that He wants us to keep Sabbath. On the contrary, He has made it abundantly clear that He would be insulted if we REPLACED HIM with a carnal sabbath. He is our perpetual sabbath.

The Christian teaching of the New Testament, says it is wrong to go back to the OT LAW.

2011/2/3 21:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy