SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Sabbath Keeping - Part I - The OLD Testament

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Christians can only be manipulated by others if they are not reading their Bibles.

Jesus was not defending King David for breaking the Sabbath or eating outside of his own place, He was showing how it is HE that is to rule the Sabbath.

Mark 2:24-28 "And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath."

Also notice that this is clearly saying that there is TO BE a Sabbath, for how can the LORD be Lord over something that is not?

2011/2/3 1:27Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i amso bored with all the sabbath talk...no one NO ONE keeps the sabbath. how about the sabbath year and the year of jubilee...legalism in action ...Jesus is the sabbath rest.jimp

2011/2/3 2:49Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree with Jimp, I understand this may now be a touchy subject but has arging over what your convicted to do actually bringing anyone closer to Christ? If its not then the vain speaking should cease. We obviously have a disagreement on the matter can't those frevently discussing this just agree with the fact they don't agree on this and move on to more profitable conversation?

2011/2/3 2:58Profile
HeartSong

Re:

jimp, I am sorry that you are bored. I have pretty much stayed silent on the subject and am just now getting around to talking about it.

I am planning on letting my gardens rest on the seventh year. Did you know that the nutrients in the soil replenish themselves to a very high degree if you let the land rest as the LORD has prescibed? It is a significant increase over not letting it rest. This is one of the things that the LORD showed me that helped me to see that there is a reason for the things HE says. I have not yet run across anything that speaks of what it does to our bodies to rest one day out of the week, but I am sure that the benefits are tremendous. God's law is not meant to bring us into bondage, it is intended to keep us out of bondage. It would not surprise me one bit if I end up never having to go to a nursing home because I have followed that which the LORD has prescribed. Living in a nursing home would be bondage for me.

Each person is free to do as he chooses, which is how it has always been with the LORD. As for myself, I choose to follow HIS precepts for I trust HIM implicitly. If that is what you consider to be legalism, then so be it.

2011/2/3 3:29Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"Each person is free to do as he chooses, which is how it has always been with the LORD. As for myself, I choose to follow HIS precepts for I trust HIM implicitly. If that is what you consider to be legalism, then so be it"

It becomes legalism when you call your way the correct way or a more right way and all other ways inferior also it becomes Legalism when you impose or force your convictions on others. If you aren't doing this then you should be free of "legalism". I'll let you decide on that one though because I am not your judge :)

2011/2/3 3:38Profile
HeartSong

Re:

mguldner, who are you to say whether or not what I have written has brought anyone closer to Christ? And what is it that I have said that is vain? Maybe you have not profited, but it certainly is possible that someone else has. If you do not like what I have written, you are more than welcome to ignore me.

Why is everyone so touchy about keeping the Sabbath? It is supposed to be a blessing, not a curse.

2011/2/3 3:42Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Well, it is in the Book and if that is legalism, then okay, I am a legalist.

2011/2/3 3:43Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I was asking the question has it profitted? I wasn't making the judgement as to whether or not it was profitable. Its a simple question I ask myself often to help me keep priorities in check. If its doesn't bring anyone closer to Christ or even the writer closer to Christ then it is quite vain, vain meaning nothingness or useless, Soap bubbles. You seem to be very touchy on this issue yourself. If I told you, you had to do something based off of my conviction that aren't your own then it would be a curse to you as well.

2011/2/3 4:01Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, do you drive your car on the sabbath. do you work in the garden or sweat on the sabbath. the world is going to hell and we are talking about the sabbath when it is so clear that we are to rest in the finished work of Jesus.jimp

2011/2/3 4:03Profile
RainMan

Re:

Quote:
hi, i am so bored with all the sabbath talk...no one NO ONE keeps the sabbath. how about the sabbath year and the year of jubilee...legalism in action ...Jesus is the sabbath rest.jimp

Arent we all.. Arent we all....

Nevertheless. For me in Christ is sabbath, circumcision and the righteous requirements of the law. The ordinances of the law where nailed to the cross (See Ephesians). So i dont see any need to grab a ladder, climb up the cross, and remove the ordinances that where nailed to the cross in order that we might practice them (How do you get to the cross in the first place and not see Jesus?). We must come into a full appreciation of what christ death actually means. If we did we wouldnt be having discussions about this. There is NO and i insist NO condemnation to those who walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. So why do we do our best to bring condemnation to the flock of christ for not fulfilling ordinances that have been nailed to the cross?

2011/2/3 5:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy