SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Sabbath Keeping - Part II - The NEW Testament

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
wedied

Re:

Quote:
It's not a going to fellowship and then come back to lives that are lived mostly unconscious of Him, His will or His Body.

Jesus-is-God, just want to clarify for others that you are talking about "going" to someplace to fellowship with other Believers, right?

In other words, we don't go to some physical destination to fellowship with God, since He is with us, where we are.

Praise Him for the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

2011/2/1 13:09Profile
Ruthanna

Re:

deleted

2011/2/1 15:51Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

This thread seem fishy. Alot went on about this subject a few months ago before it was banned. The Bible teaches that Jesus kept the law perfectly (John 8:29,46,55;I Peter 2:22;Heb. 4:15; etc.). He had to do this in order to be the perfect sacrifice for sin. If he was a transgressor, He would not have been the perfect sacrifice and therefore not a savior.
What He did not keep was the added laws of the Pharisees, etc.

2011/2/1 15:52Profile
enduretoend

Re:

Ruthann, working on Sundays?

What about Christians in labor camps having to work 7 days a week? Think about that one?

Why is Sunday so special? What does that imply if there are some Christians that have to work on Sunday? The Sabbath was not so important to Jesus. He picked corn on Sunday and healed on Sunday.

2011/2/1 16:00Profile
Ruthanna

Re:

deleted

2011/2/1 16:09Profile
Ruthanna

Re:

deleted

2011/2/1 16:09Profile
restinhim

Re:

Ruthanna,

I don't think they ban subjects, they may ban threads that get "out of hand".

Yes, Abraham was a Gentile and did not observe the Sabbath. There was no such command to him, or Noah, or Isaac or Jacob. Even Moses did not observe it until the Lord gave him the commandment. Moses knew nothing about it.

2011/2/1 16:17Profile
restinhim

Re:

JB, your verse.

Quote:
John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Here is the key JB, Jesus pleased His father and did not sin. It never said that He kept every jot and tittle of the law. However, He did not violate the 10 commandments, you can be sure. Not only did he not commit adultery, he did not lust. Or murder, he did not hate. And as for the Sabbath, He kept the spirit of that one to. He entrusted Himself to His Father everyday, every minute and rested in His Father's loving care. And in fact, He is the Lord of the Sabbath so He can do anything He wants on the Sabbath as long as He is pleasing His Father. Same with us.

But did he go outside on the Sabbath? Yes
Did He travel? Yes
Did He work? Yes

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

And that is precisely the difference today. Pleasing the Father and Keeping the Law are not synonymous.

2011/2/1 16:24Profile
enduretoend

Re:

Ruthanna, I don't think there is anything "fishy" about this thread. It is a good study. JB, probably never heard that Jesus did not keep all the ceremonial law. He did keep the Mosaic law. But now the law of God is written in your heart and when you are walking in the Spirit and in love then you are pleasing the Father. If you sin, 1 John 1:7, you have an Advocate with the Father. You are not bound to external ordinances.

Everything takes place in the heart first and that is what God is interested in.

2011/2/1 16:33Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Sabbath Keeping - Part II - The NEW Testament

More hi-jinks from the debate society?

2011/2/1 18:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy