SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Video for Rapture incorrect !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hebrews 12:5-6 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

I will repent for my Father brings repentance to my soul.

Believe me He loves me.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/2/2 3:57Profile
restinhim

Re:

Yes, He surely does love us.

We tend to look at suffering differently than God does.

He uses it for our benefit, our good, and His Glory.

2011/2/2 9:18Profile
staff

Re:

mmmm....
Hi All,great to read all the posts however I was hoping not to get into pre trib post trib which is important.

My point is that the rapture or ressurection is not instantaneous and because of that it is visible to non christians.
Staff

2011/2/2 17:32Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Taken over Staff's thread

Yeah, I was going to say that you guys have literally taken over someone else's thread.

Netiquette requires that you start your own pre-post trib thread!!

God bless you and look forward to reading your new thread!
Lisa

2011/2/2 17:47Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Staff

I think in general you are right with your original post. Although I don't think we can say with 100% conviction that every rapture case will be exactly the same, I think you have a solid point.

I have never noticed that the "twinkling of an eye" was only a reference to the change, not the meeting of the Lord in the air. Being instantaneously glorified would probably be just as much of a shocker as a disappearance.

I do agree with you that the rapture would have an effect on others as Elijah's and Jesus' ascension has an effect on me; and I didn't even see it. I don't think that signs and wonders are they key to salvation or anything like that, as the gospel is all that is necessary, I do think that visual ascension is God-glorifying (not to mention pretty cool).

Thanks for the post; couple of things a hadn't noticed before.

2011/2/2 23:14Profile
staff

Re:

Hi letsgetbusy,
I think it is cool but not if you are left looking at a shiney glorified body going upward and you are been left.At least people would know what had happened to all the christians!I have heard and read that scripture more times and had not noticed it either.I have since checked the matthew henry commentary and he touches on it as well.I am convinced now in my heart that the rapture will not be secret.thanks staff

2011/2/3 19:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy