SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Video for Rapture incorrect !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Video for Rapture incorrect !

Hi All,I would like you to be a berean and check out the scripture on what I am about to say.
I was thinking about scripture today and I believe the lord pointed this out to me about the Rapture.
I looked at a video about the rapture and it showed christians dissapearing instantly in the twinkling of an eye,leaving the unsaved behind.The istant part I believe is incorrect and unscriptural.
Lets look at these examples of rapture to heaven we have in the bible.These examples will tell the nature of the rapture.It will be quick but not instantaneous.People of the world will have enough time to observe christians rising in the air.
So what about 1 Cor 15?The twinkling of an eye refers to the changing of our corruptable bodies into immortal incorruptable bodies and is part of the rapture.The rapture could take seconds or a minute or minutes which will be observed as we see in the examples below.
1.Elijah
2Kings2:10 And he said , Thou hast asked a hard thing : nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so. 11 And it came to pass, as they still went on , and talked , that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven. 12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried ,
2.Jesus
Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld , he was taken up ; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up , behold , two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said , Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
3.Two Witnesses
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

1 COR 15 51 Behold , I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep , but we shall all be changed , 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound , and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed .

WHY IS THIS IMMPORTANT?
An observed rapture must have a major effect on the people left behind,seeing their family,friends workmates rising in the air etc.They may even be able to see their immortal bodies before they go!

2011/1/29 17:31Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Video for Rapture incorrect !

Quote:
staff wrote:
WHY IS THIS IMMPORTANT?
An observed rapture must have a major effect on the people left behind, seeing their family, friends workmates rising in the air etc. They may even be able to see their immortal bodies before they go!

I’m not trying to start an argument with you brother but your supposition of, “An observed rapture must have a major effect on the people left behind,” is not based on Scripture. (edit: Please note that I'm not arguing AGAINST pre-trib and FOR another view. This is not the case.)

Please forgive me if I'm wrong and have patience with me while you show me where this can be found in Scripture.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/1/29 18:49Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lysa,good debate is very important and it is important that what i am saying is scriptural.I'll answer the question but first ill ask you a question?
Where in scripture does it show that the rapture is unobserved?
I looked at the previous raptures to see what could be learned about the subject.In the three I mentioned,none were instantaneous,all appeared to take a short amount of time but did not happen the way we suppose bang and the christions are gone.I then thought of the cor 15 and realized the twinkling of an eye was in relation to our bodies been changed rather than directly to the rapture.
I do make a supposition that it is important; maybe it isnt important whether it is observed or not.
I believe to find out what the rapture is going to be like you have to accumalate the knowledge given to us about previous raptures.All other raptures recorded except enoch(which doesnt say) show an observed rapture.
I appreciate your reply,Staff

2011/1/29 19:12Profile

Where is the video?

2011/1/29 20:00
staff

Re:

Hi, I Saw it on youtube I think.Where their in a church and then all of a sudden most people just dissappear and some are left.I'll try and track it down.Their is quite a few on the rapture.
I just checked there now and their is a similar one called (the rapture left behind coming of christ) but thats not the one I saw.It has the same message though bang and we are gone and non christians are left behind.
I see another just called The Rapture which highlights (the twinkling of an eye)which if what I am saying is correct is a wrong intreptation of 1 Cor 15.
Basically I am saying the twinkling of an eye is only part of the rapture,staff
I try and track down the exact video.

2011/1/29 20:43Profile
staff

Re:

Hi I got it,its call The Rapture-Mustsee.Its 7.24 mins long.Its in the first minute or so of the video,staff

2011/1/29 20:53Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Accompanied by; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

These have no need of Judgement that is to come later, these are already judged and Christ knows His own and His Sheep hear His voice and know that it is Him. This first coming for the Body of Christ His Church guarantees His second coming to Judge the world and reign as earthly King. He is already King to those that are His and Him setting with His Father on the Throne in Heaven where we the sheep of His fold are already seated in the Heavenlies with Him.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/1/29 21:32Profile
InLove

Dear Staff,

I have had thoughts along this subject also. Look at Matt. 24:36-44, I would read all of 24, but it say two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left.
Again this could be a slow ascent to the sky or not.
I've even had thoughts about us dieing and our Spirits being the glorified bodys, but I don't think scripture supports this.
Just some other verses and food for thought.

In Love,
Joe

2011/1/30 1:30Profile
staff

Re: Accompanied by; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

Hi Philip,Thank you for your post.Forgive me but I am
not sure the point you are making.I believe in the Rapture.What I dont believe is the instantaneous Rapture.

Definition of INSTANTANEOUS
1: done, occurring, or acting without any perceptible duration of time <death was instantaneous>

When you read 1 Cor 15 it tells us that our bodies are changed in the TWINKLING OF AN EYE.This is only part of the rapture;the other part is the travelling upawards in the air.
For years I just went along with the bang and we are gone view but now I realize it is just not scriptural,Staff

2011/1/30 6:10Profile
staff

Re:

Hi,thanks for your reply,
In a nutshell My point is this:
The reason that most people think that the rapture is not visible to non christians is because they say that the rapture was instantaneous in the twinkling of an eye.
However it is clear that the twinkling of an eye refers only to our transformation.Because the rising up in the air will take some time and is not instantaneous the non christians will be able to see the christians rapture.

I will look again carefully at mat 24,staff

2011/1/30 7:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy