Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : asking for wisdom

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
seekhymm

montana

asking for wisdom

Hello Everyone,
I was driving home and listening to a radio program,and they were just quoteing ( luke chapter 10 )
When they got to veres (42)

But one thing is needful: and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

I remembered the parable of the man traveling to a far counrty:Matthew 25.14-30 ( Verse 29 is whatb came to mind)

For to everyone that has shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but form him that has not shall be taken away even that which he has.

I cant help thinking they are tied together.

Could it be He is saying, that if you only have a little of the truth it will be taken away?
As you have heard some say about christians, that some only have enough to get them into heaven and they dont share the gospel with anyone else.

I believe the lord is just shareing his wisdom with me, and i want to ask for insight if anyone has any they can add.

thank you your sister:Seekhymm

2011/1/29 15:27Profile

Re: asking for wisdom

Quote:
I cant help thinking they are tied together.

Could it be He is saying, that if you only have a little of the truth it will be taken away?

In Romans 1, Paul makes some statements which may help you get an answer to this question.

He states that everyone 'knew God' (v 21) but they didn't all accept and apply themselves to 'the truth' (v 18). Certain consequences of this attitude followed - and will follow anyone who holds those attitudes, even today, even Christians.

Regarding your thought that Christians might have their measure of truth taken away from them, Jesus sets the terms of this in Matt 7:

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

All the time Jesus was doing miracles (healing and casting out demons), it was to show forth the mighty works of God. James in his epistle sets out the same challenge - faith + works - and Peter does when he exhorts to hear the word and do it.

We can hardly imagine Mary listening at Jesus' feet yet NOT sharing what she'd heard with others, just as many who had been healed or delivered shared their wonderful news.

Quote:
and they dont share the gospel with anyone else.

The gospel can be shared in many different ways, including across language barriers, without words, so only God could make that call - to condemn them for things they ought to have said (or done).
Quote:
I remembered the parable of the man traveling to a far counrty:Matthew 25.14-30

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

This raises a question: what is a 'talent', in this parable?

2011/2/2 6:18

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy