by Podcast
· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Us

Add SermonIndex Banner - Help share this ministry with others by adding a link to your site.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Half Hearted Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

Hemel Hempstead

Half Hearted Christianity

Deuteronomy 6:5 KJV
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

What I find in church meetings like Van Havener says in meeting we have good meetings and not perfect ones, We may not go over the alloted time of the meeting because we have lunch or we have something else going or the Insurance on the building only lets us stay in there a certain amount of time

Who said that our meetings should start at say 10:30 and finish say 12:00 and that we should have a Sunday School and other things, I am not an emergent church believer, which believes in conversational preaching?
Should as Charles spurgeon said discuss doctrines over lunch. I also like I think it is that only doctrines that our controversial are ever discussed because at least it brings the word of God into peoples minds.
In our recent survey Atheists know more that Christian Biblically
Are we half hearted about our faith including me, Would we live for our faith aswell as die for it?

Some of my Messianic believer friends ask why do you meet on Sunday and I normally reply that the resurrection was a greater miracle than the Act of Creation which is celebrated at the Sabbath.

It is like at work, how many people play christian music or read there bible, Hopefully ninety nine percent of you!

It is also the same with prayer I am guilty of this, we only spend the minimal amount of time in prayer and expect god to do things, I am guilt of this aswell!

AS david says unite my heart to fear your name

I so want people at church to be consumed with scripture not socccer or football or our prayer meeting to go on longer, or our sunday meeting to go on longer?

Dominic Shiells

2011/1/29 7:02Profile

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Half Hearted Christianity

Dominic Shiells

2011/1/29 13:36Profile

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Half Hearted Christianity

Zac Poonen preached a terrific message on this subject, it is titled The Law of Wholeheartedness, you can find it here on SI at the following link...

In Christ,

Ron Halverson

2011/1/29 14:59Profile

©2002-2015 Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy