SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : OVERCOMING SEXUAL PASSIONS by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
knitefall

Re:

Great post restinhim, welcome to the forums!

There are many, many other verses that are life changing. I hope my efforts will grow some day into mature fruit. I have been looking to share these with you guys and gals all day long. All of what I will comment will not line up with everyone’s own theology but I think that what I have to say will certainly be a beautiful help to you Walk with God.

These are a short amount of Scripture that I believe will help get across what I mean about living by the Spirit of God rather than by use of the law. In no particular order, I give to you, The Word of God:

2 cor 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

How are we changed from one state to another? Progressive Sanctification at the same time, Sanctified already by Jesus and in God’s eyes. In other words, As wee see Jesus, lifted up, from one instance of Grace to the next, we are changed from the INSIDE out and then of into His Image -perfection. But the keys are, in seeing Jesus -the faultless Lamb, freely given to us and supernaturally -not by following our laws and routines of religion- we are changed into the same Image.

gal 2:20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

A slow motion view of what took place on Calvary. We are dead. What specifically? The need to provide for our own sins. No more self provided sacrifices and covering for sins and fig leaves and acts of contrition. Because all that is what is called the flesh. Jesus already provided. Is that called Jehovah Sid Kaneohe (God the Provider)?

But as we live with Faith in the Finished ...FINISHED Work of Calvary, it’s is His life that overrides our bad past of sin. Unbelief is the problem. Not eating too much candy or watching to much Baywatch. Those acts of sins in the plural are manifestations of a shifted objects of Faith. We are to behold Christ and all He has accomplished and freely given for us. We never address individual acts of sins by reading our Bible or fasting them out or praying them away or doing enough good acts to outweigh the bad. Both the good and the bad was called evil in the garden.

He says that he lives this earthly thing by trusting the Son of God. Not by continuing to keep the commandments... Jesus loved us and gave Himself -all of Himself. Eat the whole burnt offering.

gal 2:21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Read that verse again or you will not understand what I’m about to say. If you try and conduct law for to keep sin and acts of sin down, then there was no need for Jesus to even come you romanistic-catholic! I have wonderful Catholic friends but God certainly does not appreciate the roman interwoven items they keep. It earns nothing with God. You say, Yes but we’re not Catlick! Oh, is that why you present law to keep law? Don’t you know there is no Power in the Law to Save? There is no Power in the Law to Sanctify? Apart from Jesus, all you have is a form of religion and a witchcraft because it is now your own ability to act right and keep something and earn a thing with our Lord Most High. So do not treat Grace as meaningless, it has more involvement in our lives than we know!

mt 5:17 "Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

This is Jesus Himself speaking. He says, “Hey protestants... don’t misunderstand the New Cov’t you claim to know so well! I came to keep the law that I might give you a Perfect Righteousness that you would not have to soulishly keep it! Because the Good you do have is not Good enough and is in fact, evil to my Father’s eyes! So I kept the Law as there is no sinful bent from the Fall in Me! Here you go freely take! Take it all! I lay me Life down for my friends!”

I get all excited when I see Jesus in Scripture. It lets me know who I am in Christ and all I have been freely given. It lets me know I am no longer under the curse of the LAW and I no longer have to live in fear of punishment and judgment. That was already done to Christ in my place on Golgotha.

The law and the Prophets testified of Christ. Yet, we claim we keep these on our own efforts. That frustrates the Grace of God. What use is it to pay all over for something already paid for? Don’t you know that coming under law always causes an outburst of sinful activity? A pastor ought to provide His Flock with Green Grass to Lay themselves down in. Not words of the law to keep and condemnation and death like it says in Scripture! “Hey sheep, eat this dirt and prove to God you love’em. Or you’ll not be His sheep anymore and He’ll throw you into hell!” and not ONE Word of the Sacrificial Death of out Lord Jesus the Great Shepherd.

as we’re presented with Jesus -who is Grace unto Grace/Faith unto Faith- we become more and more like Him. And eventually, you ‘ll notice sin just melting off of you and other activity dropping off and going away. And it wasn’t your efforts the whole time! We cannot post outside links but I do not think it would do harm to the forum rules if I told you a great source of Faith and Grace preaching. Actually, there are three different places I like to go. Paul White Ministries dot com and click at the right side of the page on a button labeled ‘Audio Sermons’ and look just a couple of messages down for one titled Restraint or Real Change. Listen through to the last 20 min as they are a real joy to hear. The other two links are called JSM dot org and you can listen live to wonderful music and teaching and some preaching. And lastly, a powerful site on soulish efforts of man and the true state of man w/o Jesus, is called emmanueltx dot com so click on the little button at the bottom of the graphic labeled listen online. Enjoy and happy reading.

2011/1/29 20:46Profile
knitefall

Re:

rom 2:27 in fact, uncircumcised Gentiles who keep God's law will condemn you Jews who are circumcised and possess God's law but don't obey it.

This verse displays to us that even the ‘elect’ of God’s Chosen People are wrong. If we can put God in a box and have Him all figured out and look down upon Him, we become then bigger than God. If Righteousness comes by the law then Jesus died for no reason. Do not insult God by slapping Him in the Face with your laws and self efforts! As well, where do you get the idea that you have a Power within yourselves to control sin? And where then does the ability come from to comprehend the Law? Not to mention, living it out? As if when you fail, you can cover it up? It is no surprise to God when you fail! It does not make Him angry! Denying the Son after a failure will result in frustrating the Graces of the God of all Creation but will not delete you from the Book of Life. Pleasing God by use of the Law never happens. He is ONLY looking for the Son. If He sees you at all, you’re dead. Get back in the coffin and let Jesus be your Life daily. Do not poke one finger out! Touching law as a means to Sanctify self is suicide Spiritually! We prove ourselves to be hypocrites when contemplating Law and Rules that we hold up higher that Jesus Himself.

rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Another really great, slow motion view of what took place on Calvary. We were (by Faith) planted into the Body of Jesus, died, buried and He did not stay dead but Resurrected. Now, if we were in Him at death and He is now at the side of the Father, where are we? Yet at the same time, we live in this earth yet. So if God sees us as In His Son, what is left for us to pay for? What can we possibly add to the Sacrifice of Christ on the Cross? The old nature is dead, we be Alive to Jesus and through and because of Him. What ‘sin’ is so bad that Jesus had to die on the Cross? One that put us so contrary to God that He would be justified to condemn us for all eternity. You don’t know how long that really is folks. Yet, because He IS Love, it is a natural outflow of Him to send a Savior. That we would (in His eyes) be no more partakers of such an evil state. Thank you Jesus.

rom 6:3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

A wonderful cross reference for us to see. See Jesus in Scripture and it Transforms us from the Inside. This is not referring to water baptism as some would think. Otherwise, 6:6 would have been worded different. See it now?

knitefall

Re:

rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

My friend said, “They need to know that victory over sin requires the power of God, which only comes from the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit doesn't honor faith in works, only faith in the Finished Work of Christ.” He is exactly right. The law here is not a rule to follow but rather a parameter set up in the portals of Glory. It’s a Spiritual Boundary that only the Son and all He is can inhabit. Now, we have been placed in Him that we be freed from all evil. How about if i sin a little preacher? Are you IN Him? Then God would have to go through His Son to judge you. And Jesus already was judged, making atonement once and for all. There will be no longer any need for another Sacrifice like it says in both Jude and Hebrews.

rom 8:10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.

Now we see the Son in us as well. He in us, us in Him. Where is the Kingdom? Not floating around in the big blue sky, that’s for sure. The Kingdom is within men. John and later, Jesus Himself, said the the Kingdom is very near. Like the moon is near to the earth? NO! But because of the Righteousness of the Son, He can now legally dwell IN us! And then we IN Him! Hallelujah!

col 2:20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as,

Does this need much explanation? By now, my reader friends, you ought to know better. But we human beings need to hear the Faith and Grace Message over and over until we believe it and get it in our spirit. We’re human beings, not human doings. Another man says it like this, “All my life I was told what to do but I was never told how to do the what to do.” Get it? Looking for rules to follow as boundaries is like a spiritual adultery as we already have a Law in Christ Jesus boundary. There is no need to set outside of that!

col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

So after reading this, you still want to think God wants you to keep the Law? or to use works to put down sin or the powers of sin? NO!!! How do we keep the Law? IN Jesus by Faith! Christ is the source and the Cross is the means. Christ is the source and the Cross is the means. Christ is the source and the Cross is the means. Got it? Sinking in? You gotta love this! We are law keepers because of His Grace.

Any attempt to keep law will result in guilt and condemnation. And a downward spiral results. And because of that guilt and condemnation, you’ll find yourself attempting to cover that up by more works. That when that doesn’t work, you add more works. And it continues to go on just like that. God does not want His children of Light to live in dark places of guilt and condemnation. Come out from those shadowy places! And live in the Life with Life more abundant!

Thinking of doing laws and works and rule and regulations to please God? I tell you, if you fail and feel bad about it, it is because you thought you could have done better. You still see yourself as a good person, only needing some of the Savior. We have it wrong in the Church. It does no good to please God with self to get closer to Him. We get closer to Him by acknowledging the the Savior and letting Him be our Propitiation and Substitute. Completely and totally... through the whole experience of our lives, not just when ‘we got it now God, thx’

gal 3:21 [Is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

This clearly says that you cannot possibly use the Law as means of Righteousness.
There is NO life in the Law. We think that by being Law keepers then we are Holy and are Walking in the Spirit. It’s actually flesh! Walking in the Spirit is total Faith and Complete Trust in the Sacrifice of Christ- for Salvation and Sanctification! Sanctification is a topic not touched on much at all.

knitefall

Re:

gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

So Righteousness in our body has not perfectly come yet. But by use of The Faith, God is no longer angry at us. Cool huh? Some day it will come. Some might say, I don;t believe in the Rapture! Well, do you believe in the Resurrection? Well then, you do believe in the Rapture. like it or not- its the same event.

eph 4:24 and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

How do you put on the New self? By pretending to put invisible clothing on in the morning when you roll out the bed? NO! Some uninformed preacher was or still is having his followers to ‘put on the clothing of the Spirit’ and I cry over the fact that this man thinks he is doing God a favor. He has his people weak in The Faith. They think their efforts will produce something. God is not an ATM. True Righteousness and Holiness are ONLY FOUND IN JESUS. And the access is placing Faith in His Finished Work. The reward is all of His Righteousness freely given. And our Lord already died, sealing His righteousness, so how can you mess up something you did not set up?

Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

This very clearly shows us that attempts at law keeping, apart from being IN Jesus by Faith, is not a good idea. Our Righteousness is filthy, even if we did do something good. Faith bypasses all of our old attempts to keep law. It completely eliminates us from the game, that there would no longer be a need for us to work for our Sanctification. Repentance gets us the Kingdom. If we only use Jesus for the ‘hard parts’ of the law that we cannot do, we still do not make it. Repent from all self effort of living for God. There is no such thing as ‘I do some and God does the rest’ No, He does and did it all. Rest in that.

2tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

For those who want to live the law, this is you. You want to appear like you’re Righteous by keeping law and doing works but a Truly Righteous person is Righteous because he or she is planted IN Jesus by Faith! You can have a form of god-hood but be dead in religion. having a form but doing it without the Power that is Only found IN and By being in Jesus will get you no where buddy.

2cor 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written [and] engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which [glory] was to be done away:

And this verse basically is my favorite of all these. It really lets us know the truth about law keeping and works-righteousness. It ends in death. It results in no fruits. Moses knew God would do something and He had Faith our Lord would send a wonderful Substitute that could Save. The people said, “we will keep it” and God never said the law was for them. It was for Jesus. He kept it. Now, our faces can legally shine bright and they never have to fade anymore! The Law is kept! No more need to produce a Righteousness for ourselves and works to stay Saved and Get Sanctification!

Thank you Jesus for letting me comment on your Scriptures and giving me the Light I currently now have. May I become more and more a reflector of your awesome Plan and Glory.

knitefall

Re: by Jesus-is-GOD on 2011/1/28 12:42:36

Quote:
by Jesus-is-GOD on 2011/1/28 12:42:36

a person could go through all these, showing you what the Spirit application is but it would be like writing a commentary. I'll rather give some points to consider:

fleeing sins, we do so IN Jesus.

Sin does not reign any longer as we are IN Jesus.

We mortify the deeds through being IN Jesus.

We do not trust in the use of the flesh but we live by being IN Jesus.

see it yet?

All of your postings may not be directly containing law. however, implying perfection in the physical body is not possible. You attempt it and see how far you get. Submit to the Lord and repent of self and you will have your hunger and thirst for Righteousness filled.

Implying works by means of the flesh is death. I'm no longer arguing these things with people full of bias. I'm certainly no Spirit expert but I do know what Christ has done for me and how inadequate I am at keeping laws and doing any works-righteousness.

May the Lord Bless and show you the Light and Keep you in His Grace.

2011/1/29 20:52Profile
Giggles

Re: by Jesus-is-GOD on 2011/1/28 12:42:36

An observation I made upon reading this thread:

None of the scriptures posted by Jesus-is-GOD, ginnyrose, or Lysa contained any Law (in the biblical sense of the word). The New Testament truth about freedom from the Law does not conflict with their application.

2011/1/29 21:35Profile
restinhim

Re:

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus

Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Are you now made perfect by the flesh? Can you overcome by the flesh? Fasting, trying this or trying that?

Some men are very intelligent and extremely well disciplined and maybe have never dealt with the classically, wicked sins (all sin is wicked). But, until we come to the place in our lives where we actually see with our spiritual eyes that there is absolutely nothing we can do apart from abiding in Him, to conquer our fleshly desires, we will continue to invent great methods and formulas for living the Christian life. Paul says, He did not come with words of wisdom but with the power of God.

Ye must be born-again. This means you must die with Christ and be raised up with Him, in newness of life.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Please read Romans 6.

Particular key points:

You are dead to sin, how shall you live any longer in it?

You have been baptized into Christ's death.

Just as Christ rose from the dead you rose and should walk in newness of life.

Your old man was crucified with Him that the Body of Sin might be destroyed that henceforth you should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is free from sin.

Reckon yourself to be dead indeed to sin, but alive unto God, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Let not sin reign in your body, by YIELDING your mind,will and emotions to God. Yield, abide in Him, put on Jesus Christ.

Sin shall not have dominion over you because you are not under the law but under grace.

You are free from sin and now a servant of righteousness.

You can take all of man's wisdom and throw it in the trash can.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

2011/1/29 22:26Profile
wedied

Re:

spot on, knitefall, restinhim.

2011/1/29 22:31Profile

Re:

GOD bless your eyes to see His whole counsel Brother Giggles.

knitefall, I won't play your game. I'm sorry. You refused time and time again to address the verses given on page one.

You have left out SO much of HIS Word that it's grievious.

You have accused the Apostle Paul and those others of the book of Acts of catholism.

For those who don't understand the 'work' of fasting - please look at the verses posted on pg 1 or in your Bibles and then accuse the Apostles and other N.T. Christians of "Catholic works."

I will not answer you knitefall because you never answer the Scripture posted to you, after repeated pleas that you would.

You wouldn't even answer my last post to you on the first page - so I'll give it once again -

If "HE learned obedience by what He suffered" - than who are we?

This is one of the best examples of this two-way relationship -

Our Part - Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
His Part - Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

And what of the topic of "chastisement"? That too is in your New Testament. Why would GOD chastise - or why would he prune a branch that IS bearing fruit? Are either of these works of GOD "pleasant" when He proforms them?

What about the days that you don't "feel" that love for your wife - as you brought forth on page 3 - do you commit adultery on those days.
What if you don't "feel" faith on another day that you're being tempted - What happens to your walk then?
Has GOD been consistently causing YOU to walk a walk that is 'without sin' - without your co-operation?

How do you spend your days?
How does a SERVANT of the LORD spend their days?
Do you believe in sacrificial living for The LORD?
Do you take Paul as an example of a sacrificed life?

When we become new creatures in Christ, by grace through faith - what are the Obvious fruits of repentence?

Zac Poonen and other's message - besides the New Testament's is ---- when you put on the new man and find yourself doing or still wanting to do what the old man wants - then do the opposite - Obey by Doing the works listed in the New Testament instead - which is called obedience to "The WORD of GOD" as Jesus said: "IF you love Me, you will keep My Commandments"

What are His Commandments? Jesus 'IS' The WORD of GOD - so ANYTHING in our New Testaments are His Commandments.

We have a co-operative part in this Christian walk with The WORD of GOD. I don't think that you see our part in that co-operative relationship, because of how you PULL Scriptures from their context and then talk on forever YOUR OPINIONS to interpret those verses that you've pulled out of their context. Scripture Interprets Scripture - not parroting the same few verses and then telling us what they're saying. I want to hear what the Entire New Testament says - not tiny scraps pulled with a man's interpretation.
I know that we are 'commanded' to devour the Whole of His Word - not super market shopping through for what we like out of it.

I'll leave you this, because it's from another Brother who sees the WHOLE picture of the entire New Testament and I am thanking GOD for the Brothers who do have eyes to see and ears to hear what the 'WHOLE' Counsel of what our New Testaments teaches us.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37299&forum=34

In Christ Jesus - The WORD of GOD made flesh.

2011/1/29 22:35

Re:

When did The WORD of GOD extract/remove "The Fear of GOD" from His Written Word?

The Love for and Fear of GOD have Always gone "hand in hand". When one falls short - the other reminds us of the consequences of our actions.

Will we "cancel these out" as well, with some "fear not" verses, as has been done by the attempt to cancel out the 'Obedience' verses in The New Testament?

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Luk 12:4,5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luk 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Rom 11:20, 21 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

2Co 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Heb 12:28,29 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.

*1Pe 1:16, 17 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear

1Pe 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 19:5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

2011/1/29 23:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy