SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Website blocked in China

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Website blocked in China

Hi guys,

I used to have several hits a week, sometimes more, from China. For a couple of months now I have had nothing from China. I found out that there are free services to see if countries are blocking your website ( here is one http://www.watchmouse.com ) and to my great saddness, my site is blocked in China. Makes me want to go there. Anyway, if someone wants to join me I pray that this block would be defeated in the name of Jesus..........brother Frank

2011/1/27 20:02
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Website blocked in China

I get tingles down my spine every time I check my web logs and see access from China. I had never considered brethren might be trying to access my site from there. But apparently they do. Glory to God for such an opportunity.

2011/1/27 20:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother, I will pray. Do note that china is a very large country and they will block sites just for parts of the country and not the whole at times. But if you are blocked from the hong kong servers then that might mean you are blocked from the entire country.

I would do this: test out other wordpress blogs. I believe they probably blocked all of wordpress.com Just a hunch.

2011/1/27 20:26Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I will be praying too Brother Frank that God will tear down the walls and do a miracle here. Glorify Yourself here Lord.

2011/1/27 21:05Profile

Brother Frank, Be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. Start another site under another name, preferably a freebie site. And upload your entire collection to that site. If the regular Chinese who were searching your material know that the wordpress site has been blocked, they will do searches with the content that they read on your site and in time find the new site and the word will get around for the new site. If that gets discovered and is blocked, do another site.

Be encouraged brother, we have the power at our fingertips.

2011/1/27 22:01
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I just did check my 95 theses site: http://95moderntheses.wordpress.com and its not blocked at all. So you might have a problem brother. "Approved" had a great suggestion above, don't delete or stop the current site but make a mirror.

2011/1/27 22:05Profile

Re:

I like the suggestion of a mirror site. May the Lord bless our Chinese brothers and sisters.........brother Frank

2011/1/27 23:23

Hi Brother,

I dropped you a PM with some other thoughts.

There are vibrant Chinese Christians Fellowships, and at least three fully fledged Chinese churches with pastors in the UK, where you might find some willing support, in that you have a message, and they have the language expertise. I'm thinking podcasts and downloads mainly, rather than a website. There may also be some IT experts among the Christians here (and in the US).

2011/1/28 7:36

Re:

Thanks alive-to-God...........

It will be no surprise to anyone that the internet in Egypt is closed right now to everyone. The people of Egypt seem to be rising up against that regime. Over 40% of Egyptians live on less than $2 a day. It seems that they have finally grown weary of this. It also seems that there is much wealth in this country but in the hands of a tiny amount of people. Most of the protestors are peacefull and are being viciously beaten by the police who are loyal to that regime.

May our prayers be with the people of Egypt. I believe that there is something deep down in every Christian that despises injustice, wherever it is found.

On a sidenote, much of the protests were organized on facebook. The power of the internet and communication is very evident here. I believe that the days of kingdom against kingdom is at hand. Kingdom comes from the greek word " ethnos," where we get our word " ethnic," from. We have seen the " nation against nation," now we are seeing civil strife made all the larger and more dangerous for governments becuase of mass communication. Perhaps one more sign that the beginnning of sorrows has begun?.......brother Frank

2011/1/28 9:28
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
On a sidenote, much of the protests were organized on facebook. The power of the internet and communication is very evident here. I believe that the days of kingdom against kingdom is at hand.

There's a petition going on for this woman.. http://www.change.org/petitions/view/gov_kasich_pardon_ms_kelley_williams-bolars_unfair_sentencing_for_fraud_and_theft

So I googled it. 700 results! For this one woman in Ohio!

I read some where that the Reformation was when the printing press was invented, and this is quite possibly was the reason for why it spread so much.

Could something similar occur with the vast amount of communication via the internet?

2011/1/28 9:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy