SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : MODULE: 'My Bible' take notes and make an commentrary.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 MODULE: 'My Bible' take notes and make an commentrary.

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/november/mycom.jpg[/img]

Access this NEW module here:
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mybiblebase/

The object behind this module on SI is that once you login to SermonIndex you can make your own sermon, study, or notes using the 'new study' function. And also you can work on your own 'commentrary' commenting on verses throughout the bible. Once you have the information into the database you can save and view it as a "pdf" document for easy printing and sharing with friends, its also a great way to store it. Its hoped that many pastors, teachers and laypeople will use this tool as a way to prepare and get their thoughts down digitally to share with others.

NOTE: all materials that you submit to this module are private and no one else can view them. You will have to print off or save as 'pdf' to share with others. I would love feedback and if you have any problems with this please let me know.

2004/11/15 9:39Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: MODULE: 'My Bible' take notes and make an commentrary.

Thanks Greg. Appreciate the tool. Lord willing, many will be blessed as they simply read and respond to the word of God.

2004/11/15 11:24Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thanks Greg. Appreciate the tool. Lord willing, many will be blessed as they simply read and respond to the word of God.

Yes I am hoping on getting a block on the right hand side of the homepage where you can browse the bible immediately. I know the more this module is worked on the better a resource it will be. This is just one more step in helping pastors and other students of Gods word not have to use expensive bible software, etc.

2004/11/15 12:14Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Is anyone finding this a useful tool? I would love some feedback on it.

2004/11/17 10:09Profile
kathleen1

Re: MODULE: 'My Bible' take notes and make an commentrary.

Quote:
The object behind this module on SI is that once you login to SermonIndex you can make your own sermon, study, or notes using the 'new study' function.

Hi, Bro. Greg,
What a great idea! I'm sure it will be helpful to those who use this wonderful feature! God bless!
Kathleen

2004/11/19 22:50Profile
KeithLaMothe

Re:

Thank you, brother Greg, for this wonderful module, I'll probably make much use of it. Not so much to show others, but to keep my own thoughts in order. Over the past couple years I've written many comments, but it's hard to keep track of where I've left them or to even remember that I've got them around sometimes. This way they're all in one place (and printable, if I need a hard copy), and I'll likely be reminded of them (to review, perhaps) every time I wander in to SI.

So far, the interface seems pretty good. The only exception is that, when I put in the usual "enter key" line breaks in the edit box, they don't show up on a normal view. If I want the line break to show up, I have to put in a <br /> tag. The "enter key" line breaks are being saved, it seems, as they're there when the comment is reopened for editing.

2004/11/20 15:00Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
So far, the interface seems pretty good. The only exception is that, when I put in the usual "enter key" line breaks in the edit box, they don't show up on a normal view. If I want the line break to show up, I have to put in a tag. The "enter key" line breaks are being saved, it seems, as they're there when the comment is reopened for editing.

Thanks for the great comments brother, I will try and take care of that problem. I would love to know any other feedback to help make this a better tool. I am thinking about the public aspect of it for people to be able to share commentrary's but there is a problem with me being able to be in control of content if its bad or harmful.

I also soon want to add more expalntary notes describing the features of the "my bible" module so people can use it better.

2004/11/20 17:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy