SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : All men are religious

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

All men are religious

A religious man needs and uses the failures of other human beings to cover his own sin and unrighteousness. Without the failures of others, he has no religion.

2011/1/26 22:08
blandina

Re: All men are religious

Very good, and he uses the failures of others to create income for himself and to set himself up as the one with solutions to those that fail. However, it is usually all based on works. He makes them twice the child of hell as himself.

2011/1/26 22:22Profile

Re:

Yeah, but I think the larger point is that with out the Gospel, without the Righteousness of God covering our shame and nakedness, we (all men) will use something else to cover it, and usually the covering is a comparison to someone who is "worse" than we are.

2011/1/26 22:28
blandina

Re:

Yes, that is self-righteousness, which blinds us.

Look at how blind this fellow is. Sounds like you are talking about this.

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The Pharisee is comparing himself to a publican.

2011/1/26 22:56Profile
knitefall

Re:

One of our preachers rightly said today: "man has to make it difficult so they can sell book about it"

a-ha!

2011/1/26 23:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy