SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Introducing Myself...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Introducing Myself...

Hello! I suppose if I plan on replying to posts people would like to know who I am...

For starters I have been married to the same (and only) man for 37 years and we had five children and now have seven really grandchildren. Occupation wise we are tomato growers, raising tomatoes in greenhouses.
As to our faith, both of us were raised in Christians homes where we were all taught to love the LORD Jesus and in loving we are also called to obedience. We are members of a Biblical Mennonite Alliance Church here in Mississippi.
In our youth we attended Bible Schools where the WORD was taught and these teaching have inspired us to this day. For me the most helpful subject was Inductive Method of Bible Study where we were taught on how to let the Scriptures speak for itself.
We love the LORD Jesus and anticipate his coming EXCEPT for one thing - we have two sons who are away from God and for them we grieve. In the meantime we are trusting their salvation to the LORD Jesus, knowing that this is the work of his Spirit.
Blessings to one and all,
Ginnyrose

2004/11/14 17:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Introducing Myself...

Quote:
We are members of a Biblical Mennonite Alliance Church here in Mississippi.

Praise God, thank you so much for introducing yourself and letting us know about you and your situation. I hope through the discussions and sermon resources that your faith will be strengthened in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you haven't already listen this recording: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url], it is the [b]most downloaded[/b] sermon off this website and bless your conception of the Christian life. I am looking forward to hearing more from you and hearing how God is blessing and growing you.

2004/11/14 18:50Profile
moreofHim

Re: welcome

Hi and welcome Ginnyrose (or Sandra)!

Sounds as if you have a very interesting and blessed life. :-)

I hope you will be blessed by all the things SI has to offer. Not only are there wonderful sermons, but wonderful fellowship as well. If you need any assistance or prayer, please let us know.

In Him, Chanin

2004/11/14 22:22Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

welcome. good to have you on board, looking to hear from you on the boards. prayer is what brought me to the understanding of the Lord, hearing his words from those who went ahead, truth is always truth no matter when you hear it. enjoy the site I know I've been Blessed

2004/11/14 23:22Profile
Spitfire

Hi Ginnyrose. I loved your introduction. My son is involved with a ministry that uses the inductive Bible study method. Did you know that they now have an inductive study Bible? It is available on Kay Arthur's website. I need to learn more about this. I see that the young people who are studying the Bible through this method are growing rapidly in their faith. Welcome to SI! Please roam around and familiarize yourself with the regulars. We're having great fellowship as well as growing in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus. God bless you! Dian.

2004/11/15 16:26Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Thank you sir, for the info. I made a note of it and will then one day download it. The title sounds quite interesting in itself.

2004/11/15 19:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Your encouragement is very meaningful...I appreciate it. I am so awed by the resourses on this site. From the tiny bit I have read, I have been so blessed. I have shared some with others and they in turn have been blessed as well.

The quote at the bottom by Oswald Chambers is so profound. Pride goes before destrution says the Proverb - and I have come to understand this to mean that it is pride that preceeds all sinful acts. So the root sin is pride - the acts are the manifestation of that sin. So simple....

Blessings

2004/11/15 19:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Dian, I find your observation about the Inductive Method of Bible Study interesting. I have no doubt about the growth you are seeing in people who use this method. There are so many voices out there vying for our attention and one can so easily become confused UNLESS he/she is grounded in the WORD. I have learned that with this method all I need after prayer (with the Holy Spirit's leading) is the Bible, paper and pencil. No other book or commentary is needed. When you use this method you get to the point where you could write a commentary yourself! How do you like that!! Really, it is simple: you basically ask these questions: who? what? when? where? why? and what can I learn from this? You may end up comparing scripture with scripture. But you let the Bible speak and where there are questions, you look for the answer. If it is not forthcoming at the moment, relax, the Holy Spirit will answer it in due time. In the meantime, keep on.

I had fun using this method to teach a group of young children ages 8-11 on Wednesday evenings at church. I first used the book of James then Revelation. They did real well. For them I simplified it drastically and they got the idea. They were so good and they learned too. If your eyebrows are raised about Revelation, I tried to get them to visualize the vision John saw. That is all Revelation is: an retelling of a vision. Now what is so hard about that? Do that and then come back and see what the lessons are and the practical meaning of these events.

Lady, you get me started on this topic, I can hardly quit...reckon it is because I enjoy it so.
Ginnyrose

2004/11/15 20:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy