SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How Doth One Sow To The Spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
A-Run

India

Re: How Doth One Sow To The Spirit?

Quote:
The most that I have heard on sowing is on tithing.

I cant believe it. We have many threads here on tithing, which we can refer to.

Quote:
I believe there is more to this than the almighty dollar.

There are surely much better things that that as many brothers have put forth.

I simply understand this as meaning:
1/ Being sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit in our daily life.(Gal 5:16)
2/ By Obeying the voice of the Holy Spirit in our daily life. (Gal5:16)
3/ By taking up the Cross daily, denying ourselves daily, putting to death the deeds of the body by the Holy Spirit.(Luke ch9, Matthewch16)
4/ Living for eternity- with eternity principles in view (Colossians3)
5/ Living by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

And other means of grace, as bro. Greg put forth.

2011/1/25 2:02Profile
fromtheold

South Africa

Re:

Here is another scripture, Notice the last part "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." So this tells us what walking in the Spirit is.

The fruit there is not multiple fruit but one fruit as you will see in the original language the singular was used for fruit.

Galatians 5:22-25

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

2011/1/25 2:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

I have read all those that have posted generously, thank you for sharing your wealth to this thread.

In denying the flesh, I take that to mean that throughout our daily activities, whenever a situation arises, we are to die to whatever it is that would cause our flesh to rise up in defense.

For example, if anyone were to raise their voice at me in anger, it would be sowing to the Spirit if I held my peace or at least speak in a manner that would not up the ante.

Is this example worthy to be called an example of sowing to the Spirit?

2011/1/27 17:14
Jeremy221

Re: Fruit

Hi Approved,

The simple answer is to walk in the Spirit. To walk in the Spirit you must first be filled. So the question you need answer is if you are filled and, if not, how it might be? In your example of receiving an angry attack, the Spirit can lead you in several different ways but none will contradict the character of God. The point is that the reaction is not your own but what comes by letting the Spirit lead by your humbility before God.

2011/1/27 18:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
The point is that the reaction is not your own but what comes by letting the Spirit lead by your humility before God.

Yes, I can see that to be true! I have experienced this on occasion.

2011/1/27 19:18
blandina

Re:

I have enjoyed this very much. This has greatly helped me to understand the difference between "sowing to the spirit" and "walking after the flesh".

I appreciate this website for putting this up because it tears down the traditions of men. This website must love God's approval more than man's approval or they would not have this series.

15 part series.
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=521&min=20&orderby=titleA&show=20

2011/1/27 22:02Profile

Re:

"Sowing to the flesh"

WWJD?
Or Paul? Or _________ ?

I don't know, but that's my only way of judging what sowing to the flesh is. This is where I get called a "legalist" but I'm not going out of my way to prove otherwise.

I never looked at a News paper where I used to live, 13 months ago, but when I needed News papers to pack my things to move - wow, what a shocker. I could not believe that Christian men could not be compromised with what I saw is in these for advertising alone. I looked at "Sunday Papers" - the ones these folks looked at After "Church"? Incredible.

And then there's TV and movies. Edit: I forgot about - Secular Music.

I just cannot see Paul kicking back with that thing blaring all sorts of things into his eyes, ears and mind.
Even the Hallmark channel is now corrupted. I saw it with Dad a few weeks ago.
Even the Classic channel has trash on it. The movies from the past are not all PURE as snow.

Then there's secular magazines. More advertisements, besides the lies and propaganda in most of those - as with the Newspapers and News programs on TV - with commercials as well.

Is it because I'm afraid of being tempted - No, but what good is my mind to Him if I empty this stuff into it?
My thinking is - my mind, eyes, ears, etc, belong to Jesus now and The Creator of all things resides in me. These eyes are not mine own anymore. These ears don't belong to me. I'm supposed to be taking Captive 'Every' thought into the obedience of Christ and have His mind now. Why would I want to load this mind He's given me for this short time on earth with earthly things. What you sow into it is what you'll reap -- in your thoughts, or dreams, or struggles, or just a fruitless life - void of Spirit.

Even if it were all just innocent "Leave it to Beaver" oldies playing - Who's Time am I On?
His!

Knock out all of the above and what's left to do? - they ask.

Goodness, what did the writers of our Bibles do for 'fun', relaxation, recreation, kicking back time?

Do we get bored with Just Jesus? and "occupying" until He Comes?

This is where teeth begin gnashing. If so, where's our Love for Him and for what He's asked us to do, with this very short life of ours - which needs to be compared to Eternity with Him - because He is coming again and His reward is with Him. I believe our "reward" is HIM, and the degree of closeness to Him in Eternity.

This isn't "legalism" - it's just a Love for He Who's Name is The WORD of GOD, with our eyes on Eternity with Him - and Paul, and John, and Jude, and Matthew, and Luke, and Mark, and Peter, and James, and Nathanel, and Bartholmew, and Barnabas, and Elijah, and Jeremiah, and Ezekiel, and Isaiah, and Micah, and Malachi, and Moses, and Job, and Lazaras, Mary, Martha, and Malachi, and __________ (list endless) - when The Saints go marching in.

"It will be worth it all - when we see Jesus" and with His Beloved followers from ages past and present and future.

"Gird up the loins of your minds."
"Love not the world neither the things in it."
"Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth."
"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God."
"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us - hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"
"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." etc

2011/1/30 23:46

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy