SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hebrews/Jewish Roots movement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
urbanus

Re:

There are way too many things today that do not pass the Simplicity Test.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve in his craftiness, your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity and the purity that is toward Christ.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or if ye receive a different spirit, which ye did not receive, or a different gospel, which ye did not accept, ye do well to bear with him.

Most things today that do not pass the simplicity test, usually gather people unto men rather than pointing to Jesus. And this is what obscures the gospel and slowly but surely puts people in bondage to men and their concepts or idealogies (doctrines).

First rule of discernment: Does it pass the simplicity test?

Is it drawing away from Jesus or pointing towards Him?

Second rule: Is man the interpreter or the Holy Spirit?

The Gospel was meant to be simple, but the modern day Scribes have set themselves up as the "Interpreters".

In the middle ages the Word of God was literally burned, however today, it is being burned word by word by redefinition and retranslation so that it has no effect on anyone, anymore. Poison Water. A little leaven. Mixture.

2011/1/24 11:52Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Urbanus

Quote:
urbanus wrote:
Here is a rebuttal to Jacob Prasch's Midrash just to balance things out. To me, this has more of the "ring" of truth to it.

I haven't read all the responses so maybe this was covered. I just have a couple of questions; I'm not trying to jump all over you.

What about those who are Jewish and have been converted? It doesn't make sense that they might be expected to forget all their festivals and what they’ve been taught from infancy to take up ONLY the King James bible.

I read the KJV but personally, I thank God we have more than just the King James bible available to us today but that's me.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/1/24 12:08Profile
urbanus

Re: Urbanus

"what about those who are Jewish and been converted"?

Good question.

Here is a group of Messianics that offer a different perspective. Please don't get the impression that all Messianic Jews ascribe to all these "extra" materials for lack of a better word. Natan4jesus's testimony is just one other example. This HRM movement of what I call the Messys ( because it is literally quite messy) happens to be a lot of Gentiles, which is a bit strange. They look up their genealogy to hopefully find some link somewhere in their ancestry with Jewish members. What does the Bible say about genealogies? Again, it does not pass the simplicity test.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 2Cor 11:3

http://www.givengain.com/cgi-bin/giga.cgi?cat=537&cause_id=1507&cmd=cause_dir_news

2011/1/24 12:53Profile
rnieman

Re:

thank you brothers and sisters. Russ

2011/1/24 13:50Profile
staff

Re:

Hi,
(First rule of discernment: Does it pass the simplicity test?

Is it drawing away from Jesus or pointing towards Him?

Second rule: Is man the interpreter or the Holy Spirit?

The Gospel was meant to be simple, but the modern day Scribes have set themselves up as the "Interpreters". )

I think Pryor and Prasch are been dealt with unfairly,At no stage did I find either of them trying to bring christians under the law.I have heard some posts complaining about how Jacob Prasch intreprets.This complaint can only be upheld if what he intreprets is unscriptural.Which is the same for every preacher as it should be,bring forth the scripture they intrepret wrongly or falsely and show why it is so.
The Gospel is simple as simple can be,it also can be difficult to understand even Peter said:

2 Peter 3.15 And account [that] the longsuffering of our Lord [is] salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

If I am saved but have no scriptures can the lord lead me? Yes.Would I be better off with the scriptures?yes
Which will I get more information from having just a bible or having a bible and a concordance?A commentary or concordance or dictionary are just tools to help explain subjects not easily seen.This I feel by understanding the Jews of the bible we might see a meaning or a teaching missed if we hadnt.If I hadnt heard any of the sermons on sermonindex some of them complicated would the lord still find away to teach me.Yes.To me studying prophesy and realizing it is not just a straight forward prediction all the time has really helped my study which can only draw you nearer to the lord.
The Gospel is made for all men the simple,the complicated,the educated and the uneducated,the intelligent and the very intelligent.Shouldnt someone who loves studying the word get his reward.?Yes and that reward might come out of covering difficult and complicated topics.
We have many gifts in the body, what you may call an intrepretor may be an inspired Teacher or a prophet.
Any man who sets himself up to be anything will fall this is assured,but may their fall be graceful and may the lord set them up himself ,yours Staff

2011/1/24 18:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
Soon we observed the wearing of tassels, and the discussions of dietary laws of clean and unclean meats. We were soon informed that any genetically modified food was unclean and therefore to be rejected. All of Paul's teachings on these subjects were reinterpreted in a Hebraic light.

Hi Makrothumia, when you say "We", are you referring to yourself? The last two and half paragraphs your stating friends that were getting caught up in this legalism, but then the "we" enters the play. Did you mean to say, "they" or were you really caught up in this delusion?

I am just looking for clarification, thanks.

2011/1/24 19:33

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy