Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Revelation 5:11

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Revelation 5:11

Revelation 5:11 (KJV):

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

Last Sunday this verse was in our Sunday School lesson. After doing the math on this ten thousand x ten thousand I was overwhelmed. My imagination cannot comprehend 100,000,000 + angels! What kind of space would it require to accommodate this many beings?

Then in Revelation 19:9: Then the angel said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!’” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” Here it is talking about a meal in which the redeemed will be served.

I am trying to wrap my mind around the logistics of preparing a meal for so many creatures! SIGH Even my imagination fails me...I am left with an awesome sense of wonderment at the bigness of God. And I am only one, so little in the scheme of all this...

Ah..God is beyond awesome. He is bigger then my imagination. And I am glad. I cannot wrap Him up in a package and manage it!

2011/1/22 9:37Profile
foofee

Re: Revelation 5:11

Quote:
"I am left with an awesome sense of wonderment at the bigness of God. And I am only one, so little in the scheme of all of this...."

It is so funny that you have stated this because I was starting to feel like I was the only one that felt this way. Being a new convert, as I am learning and coming into the knowledge of some things, when I really take the time to just sit back and meditate on God and how great and marvelous He is and I look at myself, children, and just everyone, and everything as HIS creation I get this overwhelming sense of "wonderment." There were times when I would be driving down the interstate in my car that I would get this overwhelming feeling of... I guess the only word to describe it would be the one you used, "wonderment." It is beyond amazing how big, and great God is.

Even right now as I type this, my mind still has a hard time comprehending His greatness! It is a feeling that is sometimes for me, beyond words. But, that is the God that we serve. Thank you for the post. For we are in agreement that we serve a great God!!!!

2011/1/22 13:51Profile
foofee

Re: Revelation 5:11

Sorry... double post.

2011/1/22 13:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
For we are in agreement that we serve a great God!!!!

So absolutely true!

2011/1/22 17:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy