SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Different doctrine but true Christians..is it possible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
kwamenat

Re:

Totally agree with you brother. I really enjoy this forum cause it challenges me to dig more into the Word. We may not agree but we learn something new like you said.

2011/1/26 15:46Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Different doctrine but true Christians..is it possible?

GOOD QUESTION! One day I was very perplexed about that very question. I was praying in a big "wasteland" kind of area behind our house. I was walking through the area. It was a dry time of the year. I was sincerely asking God: "why is it that I can go to SO MANY different churches from very differing theological backgrounds who each believe that their theological teaching is the most crystal clear and purest form of Christian doctrine possible, and still in each of those churches I find lives that have been completely transformed by the power of the gospel?" I was pouring out my heart to Him in sincere desperation to know the truth ... pointing out the fact that almost all of the different "theological branches" have people who consider others with differing views totally lost and also each of the different groups has its share of hypocrites.

As I was walking along, crying out to God, I came to a place where some rather clear water was flowing in an area that should have been dry. It was as though there were an underground fountain or stream.

At that moment, the Lord spoke to my heart letting me know that in each of those different groups there are people who have found THE SOURCE ... THE FOUNTAIN OF LIFE ... even though it was delivered to them in different types of packages.

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

When it is all said and done ... we either did evil or good while we were on earth, and God who knows the thoughts and intents of ALL hearts will judge accordingly.

We either wholeheartedly obey God or we don't. There is only One who knows the heart.

2011/1/26 16:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

"Since Satan comes as a serpent in the persons of false teachers, and by them labours to put a cheat on us and cozen us with error for truth; to defend us against this design, it is necessary that we be girt with truth in our understanding—that we have an estab­lished judgment in the truths of Christ..."

Why do we need an established judgment? One reason is because there are...

"those who labour to unsettle the judgements of others—to ungird this belt[of truth] about the Christian loins. They come with the devil’s question in their mouths, ‘Yea, hath God said?’ are you sure this is a truth? do not your ministers deceive you? labouring slyly to breed suspicions and jeal­ousies in the hearts of Christians towards the truths they have received..."

"Question. But some may say, How is it possible that ordinary professors should attain to this estab­lished judgement in the truth, when we see many of great parts and eminency much unsettled in their judgments?

Answer First. We must distinguish between per­sons. Of persons, there are many eminent for parts, whose parts want piety to establish them, and no wonder to see wanton wits unfixed in the truths of God. None sooner topple over into error than such as have not an honest heart to a nimble head. The richest soil without culture is most tainted with such weeds. They have been men of unsanctified parts that have been the leaders in the way of error, though the more simple and weak that are led by them. They are knowing men, which first disgorge and vomit error from their from their corrupt hearts, and ignorant ones that lick it up. And therefore despair not of an established judgement, so long as thou desirest to have an honest upright heart, and conscientiously usest the means. The promise is on thy side: ‘The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,’ and ‘a good understanding have they that do his command­ments,’ Ps. 111:10.

Answer Second. We must distinguish between truths. Some are fundamental, others are superstruc­tory. Now, though many eminent for piety as well as parts, are in the dark concerning some of the super­structory and more circumstantial—because myster­iously laid down in the word—yet there is a sweet harmony among the godly in fundamentals; and in those, poor souls, thou mayest come by a faithful use of means to be established. As for our bodies, God hath so provided, that things necessary to preserve their life are more common, and to be had at a cheap­er rate, than things for delicacy and state. So also for our souls. If bread were as hard to come by as sweetmeats, or if water were as scarce as wine, the greatest part of men must needs famish. So if truths necessary to salvation were as hard to be understood and cleared from the Scriptures as some others, many poor weak-parted Christians would certainly perish without a miracle to help them. But the saving truths of the gospel lie plain, and run clear to all, but those who roil[5] the stream with their own corrupt minds."

-excerpted from The Christian in Complete Armor by W. Gurnall

2011/1/26 18:36Profile

Re:

Quote:
At that moment, the Lord spoke to my heart letting me know that in each of those different groups there are people who have found THE SOURCE ... THE FOUNTAIN OF LIFE ... even though it was delivered to them in different types of packages.

My heart warmed and skipped a beat when I read that. Thank you for sharing that story. I can see that being a truth.

I guess how those packages were delivered would be how the sower sowed the seed.

2011/1/26 19:30

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy