SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Different doctrine but true Christians..is it possible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
kwamenat

Different doctrine but true Christians..is it possible?

How is that some Christians who pray and study the Bible diligently have opposing views when it come to certain doctrines. Most of the time, they can also provide scripture to prove the reason they believe something. It really boggles my mind cause i have met so many sincere Christians with opposing views but I know there is one truth. Also, is it o.k to be wrong about something you believe in the Bible as long as you are not teaching it (false teachers). What do you think?

2011/1/20 22:19Profile

Re: Different doctrine but true Christians..is it possible?

Everyone believes that what they believe is the truth. The reason why there are so many opposing beliefs is because many of us don't study the word of God to see if those things are absolute. We take a verse here and a verse there and we base our whole doctrinal position on those verses and yet very few of us have studied to show ourselves approved, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Pilate asked Jesus, "What is truth?".

Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life".

If Jesus is the WAY and He is the Life, then we can also state firmly that He is the Truth.

We define truth by throwing together words from printed matter, the bible and we conclude that that is the truth, that that is the word of God. But the Word became flesh and it says, "Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ".

We come back to Pilates question, "What is Truth?".

I have often pondered that question. Sometimes I can almost grasp it like a carrot before the horse. It's not easily displayed like a work of art.

What is truth? The answer is Jesus Christ.

So how do we put Jesus Christ into words to create a doctrine so that He can be taught?

Or is it a worded doctrine that is to be taught, or is it to be lived?

John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

We all believe that we have received our doctrine from the Lord, yet all of us have opposing views. Yet, the doctrine of our Lord is connected to "doing" Gods will.

John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

And His doctrine is connected to the power of God.

Acts 13:8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

Acts 13:9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Acts 13:11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Acts 13:12 Then the deputy, when he SAW what was done, believed, being ASTONISHED AT THE DOCTRINE of the Lord.

The word of God coupled with the power of God releases the doctrine of the Lord.

There is something about the power of God and doctrine, I can't put my finger on it.

2011/1/20 23:01
mguldner

Kansas

We can also see this to be true for many other reasons, a persons family background and what they were brought up to believe often times is a factor of how they see truth. We have so many oppositions with sincerity because many people read the Word with denominational blinders on and so don't see what someone else may see. I believe its dangerous to try and put God in a neat theological box but prefer to speak and discuss things with people with an open mind because there is a great chance I don't know it all :). We see also with the Pharisees that one of their traits is Majoring in Minors we need to avoid this and look at the big Picture which is Jesus Christ. We see that Christ Jesus never asked the disples What is your thought on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, or what are your thoughts on the Holy Trinity BUT Who do you say I am? This is the key as Approved already pointed out Christ Jesus is the Truth. I believe we must be diligent studiers and Followers of Christ and through His cleansing blood be Holy as He is Holy. When the end comes notice the rebuke of Christ of those rejected is I don't know you.

Do you know Christ? and more importantly Does Christ know you?

2011/1/20 23:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

How is that some Christians who pray and study the Bible diligently have opposing views when it come to certain doctrines. Most of the time, they can also provide scripture to prove the reason they believe something. It really boggles my mind cause i have met so many sincere Christians with opposing views but I know there is one truth. Also, is it o.k to be wrong about something you believe in the Bible as long as you are not teaching it (false teachers). What do you think?

Excellent thought and question brother. I really feel that SermonIndex is an expression of this very question with so many believers from different generations and different theological frameworks. To me all of our theological understandings in the larger sense or our one or two pet doctrines we hold onto are the major part of why we divide. If we could just start to agree on what is more fundamental and important then we would realize how much fellowship and unity there is in the body of Christ.

Also I even see in many theological positions though they seem to contradict each other they arrive exactly at the same destination or point. Jesus Christ is the end goal of any true theology. His life, His Person, His work, His Grace. If we would agree on the end goal more then the road it takes to get there then we would have almost 100% unity in many of these theological divisions.

I think we need to be very much about life, relationship and reality. To be exacting and theological does not always produce life. We need to meditate on the truth so we just don't know the truth but so we can obey it.

Brother K.P. Yohannan touches mid way through this message on the problem in America on much division:

Nothingness by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8sXhoUiCI

2011/1/20 23:29Profile

Kwamenat,

Even theologians within the same denominations have differing views on certain doctrines. I personally find truth within catholic, orthodox, as well as protestant churches. I understand many here would not agree with me, but that is my belief.

I have tryed to find what is the true church if we are supposed to be one. I have read things that suggest to me that God is with all of them, within the true believers.

2011/1/20 23:34
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Greg, I listened to the video you posted but I hear nothing there that refers to the subject you indicated. This video is worthwhile to listen to, though. I especially was challenged what he said at the 14:00 minute to 16:30. Yohannan shares some profound concepts. He deals with nothingness vs largeness. Listen and be challenged.

2011/1/21 0:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, I listened to the video you posted but I hear nothing there that refers to the subject you indicated. This video is worthwhile to listen to, though. I especially was challenged what he said at the 14:00 minute to 16:30. Yohannan shares some profound concepts. He deals with nothingness vs largeness. Listen and be challenged.

Sister, I am sorry I got the wrong video :) Here is the video he preached at the Revival Conference and half way through speaks about the divisions in the body of Christ are mostly the leaders fault! And how there is a beautiful unity when we are following Christ to be like Him and not arguing fine points of doctrine that we can't even be 100% sure of at times. I appreciate the grace and reality brother Yohannan brings in this message and have already listened to it a few times.

Just Following Jesus by K.P. Yohannan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cikAwEjYF8

2011/1/21 0:20Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Very good question. kwamenat, as you already know, the vast majority of believers that visit this site believe that the doctrine of eternal punishment is clearly taught in Scripture and from what I have seen you do not believe that doctrine to be true.

We all know that there are certain essential beliefs that delineate between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of cults such as JWs, Mormons, etc. Some of these essentials are the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, and salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.

My question to believers who believe in eternal punishment is, is that doctrine also one of those essentials, or can we accept someone as a brother who flat out denies it after having it clearly explained from Scripture?

I have always understood that belief in an eternal hell is essential to true Christianity. But it seems that not everyone here agrees with that sentiment. I would sincerely like to know why some of us believe that eternal punishment is not an essential of the Faith once delivered to the saints.

2011/1/25 2:44Profile
kwamenat

Re:

Quote:
My question to believers who believe in eternal punishment is, is that doctrine also one of those essentials, or can we accept someone as a brother who flat out denies it after having it clearly explained from Scripture?

Brother Oracio, I don't know why you are bringing this up again. But since you ask, you may have to go back and read the thread. If you will honestly admit, scripture has been shown to prove or disprove this doctrine. Just like how you think is clear to you so it is for me. Not sure about you but i am constantly in the Word (not to boast) and if this doctrine was obvious as you claim i will not have posted the question about hell fire. But then again i expect you to say it is clear because that is where you stand. Please, read my original question in this thread and lets stick to that.

I appreciate the other feedbacks and the link to Brother K.P Sermons (Ive actually been listening to his sermons for a while now).

2011/1/26 7:41Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

And this is why there are difference of Doctrine :) We all read things through lenses we have either been taught or grew up with. What we find the problem with these lenses is close mindedness and division. I can read a scripture and see one thing and you can read the same scripture and see it differently. This is why Jesus says Blessed are the Poor in Spirit (Humble, Teachable!) When we become unteachable we come to very dangerous ground. When I talk with someone about a doctrine or what I believe my main goal is to see the point of the other person and learn something from it. I may not agree but hey I learned something new and have better understanding of where the person is coming from.

2011/1/26 7:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy