SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ways to help raise Money for Missions with no Money!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Ways to help raise Money for Missions with no Money!

Saints,

The title seems strange but it is true! There are simple practical steps you can take in your personal life on the internet, etc to help raise money for missions without giving any money yourself.

You can help Gospel for Asia share Jesus with those who have never heard His name, and it won't cost you a thing! Check out the "Cost-Free Giving" opportunities below to see how you can support GFA's work by doing things you already do anyway.

http://www.gfa.org/costfree/

I am personally going to start using this search engine and signup so the searches and the ads go to GFA. GoodSearch, a search engine powered by Yahoo!, gives 50 percent of its advertising revenue to charities. By specifying GFA as your charity when you search the Internet through GoodSearch, you can help advance God's work in Asia!

http://www.gfa.org/costfree/goodsearch/

2011/1/17 19:54Profile

Re: Ways to help raise Money for Missions with no Money!

Bump!

This is so inspiring - Thank The LORD.

This other ministry that you posted is also the greatest -
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36993&forum=35&4

World Missionary Press has got to be the greatest move of GOD alone that I've ever personally seen and yet they have been working away so quietly, so non-advertising for all of these years. This year they really need help though.
It's good to write them and ask to have their prayer need calendar sent to you. It doesn't cost to prayer neither.

I wrote up my desires last year for my 'departing earth' time ... "Please send donations to World Missionary Press in lue of flowers, etc. - Thanks!" :)

Now, Praise GOD as well for this Search Engine!

2011/1/19 19:49
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

It is sad the majority of visible ministries will go up ashes on the judgement day. The quiet work of God is going on as you stated through humble, godly, Christ-honoring individuals who have heard the call of Christ. May God burden God's people to start to support these true ministries that are preaching the Gospel. It is sad to see 90% of the ministries that receive support on Christian TV. God helps us!

2011/1/19 19:59Profile

Re:

Amen Brother. Work/give while it is yet day for ....

We can pray for forgiveness for our lack of giving, but it's not too late to give it the big plunge now. Let's go out with a blaze of Glory to GOD. Who knows who we'll meet in Heaven that will say, "Thank you for giving to the LORD, for I am one that was saved." Amen!

2011/1/19 20:06
HeartSong

Re:

I am all for giving, but am most decidedly opposed to contributing to the worlds system, under the guise of it being free, in order to do so. It is a trap of the devil. Granted using cash is a part of the worlds system, but to promote the use of advertising or credit cards is another matter as these are the very things that Satan uses to drown God's children in debt, making them subject to another authority.

Nothing in this world is free except the blood of Jesus Christ. Additionally the LORD equips that which He sends and He does not need to rely upon the kingdom of Satan in order to do it. In my mind, money made in such a manner would be "dirty" money and, as such, would not accomplish that which it was intended to accomplish.

2011/1/19 20:25Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Nothing in this world is free except the blood of Jesus Christ. Additionally the LORD equips that which He sends and He does not need to rely upon the kingdom of Satan in order to do it. In my mind, money made in such a manner would be "dirty" money and, as such, would not accomplish that which it was intended to accomplish.

Sister, I agree with you the use of Mutual funds, credit cards and other things are ally not the best for the Christian to be heavily involved with unless they are called of God to have large business and use this for the glory of God. To say that all money is evil that is used in these means I would not agree with that. Jesus Christ called all of it "unrighteous mammon" so all of it is unrighteous and evil. But used properly it shows character and integrity in our lives and we can even "store it in heaven" its the only money exchange that really benefits!

Personally we must have our convictions in the use of money and how deeply we tie ourselves into the monetary system and how the world works. I do enjoy being as free as I can within reason from these things as you sister but I do not impose that or make it a rule for other brothers and sisters. Also I feel strongly not to judge brothers such as GFA to make a decision to allow people to give in some of these ways. May we all be guided by the Holy Spirit for ourselves but I thank you for your thoughts sister and there is truth in what you are saying. Bless you this day.

2011/1/19 20:32Profile
HeartSong

Re:

That all came out rather strongly - but then I feel very strongly about it. No offense was intended. I called GFA when I first saw what they were proposing, but they misunderstood what I was saying.

There was another ministry that I supported that started doing such things and it wasn't long before they were ISSUING credit cards. I also contacted them but they were not interested in what I had to say. In the final result I just started supporting the missionaries directly.

2011/1/19 20:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

I do hope sister that you can see the integrity in GFA and their doing this as not a worldly way of raising funds but a way for God's people to give more through their normal living "in the worldly system" :) I appreciate your heart to honour the Lord and the Holy Spirit in your life dear sister and pray you continue to do so. And I pray this does not hinder your giving to GFA but I do understand why you would not want to partake in these things.

This reminds of me the dilemma in Corithians of sacrificed meat! :)

2011/1/19 20:44Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Zac Poonen had a sermon on this, I think it was in the "From Babylon to Jerusalem" series. Basically he said that it makes a difference where the money comes from. I had never thought of it before, but after I heard it, it made perfect sense. To me this is the same thing.

As you said, in the final result, we must all do as the LORD leads, and as such I would hope that we would pray before deciding whether or not to participate in such things.

God bless you brother, and may GOD be glorified in whatever it is that HE leads us to do.

2011/1/19 20:45Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I keep writing over top of what you are writing . . .

When I first saw what GFA was doing I was offended, but the LORD hit me from every which way to straighten me out. It was most uncomfortable. HE loves K.P. Yohannan and GFA - and I do too. I do not think I have ever run into a more loving group of people than those that I met at Gospel for Asia.

I support both missionaries and children through GFA and would not hesitate to recommend that others do the same.

2011/1/19 20:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy