SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : LORD, I Refuse to be Blind!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CHILDofGRACE

Anyigba, Kogi State, Nigeria

LORD, I Refuse to be Blind!

After going through John Fletcher's article on the reality of revelations on which he bordered so much on the spiritual senses, and after I had an encounter today that robbed me of sleep and showed me the power of blindness, I have made it my prayer this moment to God: dear Lord of eternal revelations, I refuse to be blind.
What can anyone do when visions of God are rare ( 1 Samuel 3:1)? How can one survive when spiritual sensitivity is low? How can one survive in the land of the blind where one-eyed man is king? This is the case with the world we live in. It should, however, not be the case with the church. We are to be a light in darkness, the sight to the blind, and a chart to all who travel through the darkness of this world ( Romans 2:19,20). We who have these enormous responsibilities dare not be blind. Each one of us should pray:
Dear Lord of all that is unseen, I plead with You that You open my eyes that I may see.
The predicament of the blind is awful. Because he is blind, he can walk past that which was meant to bless him. Because he is blind, he can walk into that which was meant for his hurt. Lord, if I'm blind, I'll not see my visitation when it comes nor will I realise where my way changes direction. Lord, if I am blind, I will not know who my real enemy is nor will I recognise his wiles and snares, so that with ease will he envelope me in his ugly embrace.
I need to have my eyes open, dear Lord if I must watch and pray. So Lord, enlighten me. Let the scales fall from my eyes. Grant that daily as You will, I will be a partaker of divine revelation that will strengthen my spirit and edify Your church. Lead me by the hand as I journey through the narrow way. If the way was broad, then I'll need no guide. But broad is the way and wide is the gate that leads to destruction and the blind delight in this way because there are no obstacles in it.
Lord I dread spiritual blindness. Let me not walk in darkness. Let me walk in the blessed radiance of heaven's sunshine. Reveal Yourself to me and let me behold You in Your sanctuary to see Your power and glory ( Psalm 63:1,2). Let me be changed as I look into Your eyes and see a glimpse of what I've always wanted to be. Let the eyes of my understanding be opened. This is my prayer, Lord, this is my earnest plea. Withhold it not from me as I journey through this world that lies in darkness.

2011/1/17 18:18Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re: LORD, I Refuse to be Blind!

Very good! Give us eyes to see oh God!

2011/1/25 19:37Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re: LORD, I Refuse to be Blind!

Quote:
Lord I dread spiritual blindness. Let me not walk in darkness. Let me walk in the blessed radiance of heaven's sunshine. Reveal Yourself to me and let me behold You in Your sanctuary to see Your power and glory ( Psalm 63:1,2). Let me be changed as I look into Your eyes and see a glimpse of what I've always wanted to be. Let the eyes of my understanding be opened. This is my prayer, Lord, this is my earnest plea. Withhold it not from me as I journey through this world that lies in darkness.

It is all so wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this. What a beautiful humble, loving heart for Him.

2011/1/26 12:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy