SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Shanu

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Quote:
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Can anyone interested in explaining this scripture Please?

2011/1/16 11:19Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: The Bible and the Occult: Witchcraft, Wizards, Wicca, Sorcery, Magic, Spiritualis

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13:8-10 — God did miracles in the age when His written word was not complete. By God’s supernatural power, men revealed His will and confirmed by miracles that it was from God (Mark 16:20; Acts 14:3; Heb. 2:3,4). Since the written word (that which is perfect — James 1:25) has come,

God no longer gives men the power of prophecy.

So, no one today can predict the future by the power of God. Anyone who claims such a power is not doing it by God’s power. Whatever power he claims, it must be a form of occult divination, condemned by God.

God is not a cessationist!

I like the way you go on and on and on and on about the occult and satanic practices, and then try and lump this little blurb above in quotes, as if to say that today anyone who talks by the Holy Ghost is of the devil.

You would have to include men like David Wilkerson, Carter Conlon, the late Leonard Ravenhill, and many, many other profound men of God.

But what does the bible say?

1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 (Amplified Bible)

19Do not quench (suppress or subdue) the [Holy] Spirit;

20Do not spurn the gifts and utterances of the prophets [do not depreciate prophetic revelations nor despise inspired instruction or exhortation or warning].

21But test and prove all things [until you can recognize] what is good; [to that] hold fast.

22Abstain from evil [shrink from it and keep aloof from it] in whatever form or whatever kind it may be.

Ephesians 4:11-14 (King James Version)

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

An example of a New Testament Prophet:

Acts 21:8-11
"On the next day we left and came to Caesarea, and entering the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, we stayed with him.
Now this man had four virgin daughters who were prophetesses.
As we were staying there for some days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea.
And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, "This is what the Holy Spirit says: 'In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.'"

~~~

Now, stop calling that which is of the Holy Spirit and calling it satanic.

2011/1/16 12:18Profile
knitefall

Re: The Bible and the Occult: Witchcraft, Wizards, Wicca, Sorcery, Magic, Spiritualis

wow, that's why I don't usually read lengthy articles. I did with this one and I must say, it has info available but I almost did not catch the attack on the Holy Spirit. Thx!

2011/1/16 13:05Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
2:3,4). Since the written word (that which is perfect — James 1:25) has come, God no longer gives men the power of prophecy.

So, no one today can predict the future by the power of God. Anyone who claims such a power is not doing it by God’s power. Whatever power he claims, it must be a form of occult divination, condemned by God.

Thanks kitefall and earandel for your observation. It is true that witchcraft has found its way into the church. This is a subtle attempt to scare people to embrace a version of Christianity without the Holy Spirits power. It is a dangerous statement to claim against overwhelming scriptural evidence that prophecy is no longer for today.

2011/1/16 15:46Profile

Quote:
Literally hundreds of thousands of people claim this power in the US, many of whom are members of spiritualist or spiritist churches

Who cares? This information is so unneeded. It only interests the carnal mind, trying to enrich that mind with knowledge and producing absolutely nothing.

The early Church was equipped with the Spirit of Truth that led them into all truth. That when they encountered a spirit of error, the Holy Spirit like today will help us deal with it. Equipping us with this knowledge is really just drawing us away from the real battle, luring us away from the true prize.

Matt 10:19

2011/1/16 15:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy