SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : When should I call myself a christian

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rdk500

When should I call myself a christian

3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

This is

2011/1/15 19:34Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: When should I call myself a christian

May I ask you this how long does one do this before they can call themselves a Christian and must they perform this flawlessly?

*Edit* To clarify I agree with you that this is the way to know if you are a Christian along with the many other tests of 1st John :)

2011/1/15 21:07Profile

Re:

When should I call myself a Christian?

Never!

Let others do that for you.

I was handed a compliment today from another brother. He said, "Brother, you are the most humblest person I know".

To him I am. To me, I question that. But I am not going to argue with him.

Leave it to others. If they see Christ in you, they will acknowledge it by saying, "he belongs to that tribe called Christian."

2011/1/15 21:37
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Wow awesome point Approved! :) I believe there are also several Proverbs that say the very same.

2011/1/15 21:49Profile
Giggles

Re:

True, but what about denying Christ? Should we not also endeavor to thrust our glorious Savior to the center of all our dealings. And if perhaps someone should take notice of our difference, should we not immediately point the way to the One Who makes us that way?

2011/1/16 1:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy