SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Brother Andrew

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
CHILDofGRACE

Anyigba, Kogi State, Nigeria

Brother Andrew

I first heard about Brother Andrew in 2001 when I read his book about his exploits behind the Iron Curtains of Communism. Later in 2009, I read about his outreach organisation, Open Doors, with their present focus on Islamic nations.
After reading about him in the article from the archives, I learnt that his ministry is now about 50yrs. My earnest prayer is that God will bless his efforts and strenghten him mightily.
However, my greatest prayer is that God will raise up more people is his place, brothers and sisters of fiery zeal and passion, filled with the Holy Ghost, who will carry on the work in the coming generation.
According to the interview documented in the archive, Brother Andrew is not fully satisfied with the church's reaction to missions to Islamic nations. We are more ready to listen to great teachers than in outreach and missions. When last did we hear of passionate missionaries to the middle east? When last did we hear of young people in this age giving up everything to go all out for the gospel? All we have is history and biographies of people like Cambridge Seven, Hudson Taylor, etc.
God use me! God use us! Raise us up to fill the gap, to give our all and live or die for Him. I love you Jesus.

2011/1/15 8:14Profile
learn

Re: Brother Andrew

Amen ChildofGrace.

2011/1/15 8:28Profile
Renoncer

ChildofGrace,
How timely is this message!

My wife and I have just finished reading "God's Smuggler", and we have ordered "Secret Believers".

We have a burden for Muslims. We pray that God would open doors so that we can minister in the Middle East, especially in the most closed-up areas. We want to go where no one wants to go. We don't care for security, because God's grace is all we need. All we ask for is an open door.

Please pray for us, that God would guide us in the near future, and if it is His will for us personally, to send us to minister to Muslims.

Yours in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/1/15 12:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Blessing,

In no way do I want to distract from your concern, your message. But I do want to encourage you....long before you ever read "God's Smuggler" there were other Christians engaged in a ministry similar to Brother Andrews'. Among them was Richard Wurmbrand, now gone to his eternal reward.

But the Muslims remain and the focus today is on them. Just hope and pray the WORD will break through to them as it has to the Communists...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2011/1/15 14:23Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
But the Muslims remain and the focus today is on them. Just hope and pray the WORD will break through to them as it has to the Communists...

Amen. Josef Tson preached a series of outstanding messages on this topic, they are posted here on SermonIndex under the title "Communism, Islam, Sept 11, Sovereignty Of God", the link is below;

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=516

In Christ,

Ron

2011/1/15 14:36Profile
CHILDofGRACE

Anyigba, Kogi State, Nigeria

Re: Bro Andrew

God bless you all.

2011/1/17 7:36Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Re:

I would list "Secret Believers" as one of the books that had the greatest influence on me (although I hadn't read too many books at the time). It is truly an amazing book. It should encourage us to be a witness to the many amounts of Muslims immigrating to our coutries, as over here we won't get executed for sharing the Gospel with them.

Once you've read it I suggest visiting their website. The protagonist of the story has a blog that is updated every now and then with updates of the situation in the Middle East.

And, of course, have a listen to the few Brother Andrew sermons that are up on this site. "Human Rights" I would list as my favourite.

2011/1/17 10:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy