SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill

Saints,

If you have not read the book Why Revival Tarries by Leonard Ravenhill, it is a must! Leonard Ravenhill’s call to revival is as timely now as it was when first published over forty years ago. The message is fearless and often radical as he expounds on the disparity between the New Testament church and the church today. Why Revival Tarries contains the heart of his message. A.W. Tozer called Ravenhill "a man sent from God" who "appeared at [a] critical moment in history," just as the Old Testament prophets did. Included are questions for group and individual study. Ravi Zacharias refers to this as "the book that shaped me...more dramatically than any other..."

"This was one of the main books that really shook me and gave me clarity on the work on the Lord upon my heart. I was seeing the drast difference between acts of the apostle Christianity in which I was reading the bible and what I was seeing in the modern Churches. This huge difference had me longing to see what the bible would clearly teach and experience and when God put this book of Why Revival Tarries in my hands I realized that what was needed was Revival! A reviving of what was a more former, biblical, authentic, real Christianity. Leonard Ravenhill tapped me into a past generation with a host of names of men and their godly examples which I followed. I owe much to this book and the journey I was set on to see a more genuine Christianity, and praise the Lord I am still on that journey." - Greg Gordon

Purchase it From Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Why-Revival-Tarries-Leonard-Ravenhill/dp/0764229052/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1295077490&sr=1-1

You can read one chapter online here for free:
http://misslink.org/chapel/revival.html

2011/1/15 2:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy