Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re:

Excellant Outline!!

2004/11/11 23:22Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Thanks dohzman, I'll definately keep this in mind while I'm working on it.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2004/11/11 23:29Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Glad the outline was helpful! I was even encouraged reading through it. May God give you clear direction and inspiration Jeremy and hope your New Believers Class goes well!

2004/11/12 12:36Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

This is more a question than anything, i have often pondered on the Hebrews 6 foundations that Paul? wrote. I really don't understand what in those truths is so great that makes them the foundations from which we go onto maturity?

Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of
repentance from acts that lead to death,
and of faith in God,
2instruction about baptisms,
the laying on of hands,
the resurrection of the dead,
and eternal judgment. 3And God permitting, we will do so.
Heb 6:1-3

Curious, :-?

2004/11/12 14:02Profile
kathleen1

Re: Question For The SI Community

Quote:
My questions are: What should I focus on in this class. How should I structure it. What importance should I give to certain doctrines--by this I mean, which ones should I teach first; which should I stress the most...etc.

Hi, Brother. I was a little late in seeing this, but your post pained my heart. Immediately scriptures started flowing through my mind. If you don't mind, I'd like to share them with you.

Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Jam 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Isa 59:1 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Isa 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

I believe a new believer's class is a wonderful idea, but first, since the Holy Spirit searches the hearts of all, and knows the needs, I would seek answers of the Author of this great Holy Bible, inquire, as David of the Lord, for instruction to give each class beforehand. Too often the Lord is left out when we plan things out, and tend to all the details ourselves. If we give ourselves to prayer, and Let the Holy Spirit teach others through our yielded vessel, then these new beleivers will be dynamos for the Lord. And in the process you will be teaching them total dependence on the Lord, which is what we all must do, as a child, in faith, trusting him to supply the needs.

2004/11/13 15:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy