SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Catostrophic Event Is Unfolding...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

A Catostrophic Event Is Unfolding...

To those not aware of the situation in queeensland (Brisbane) Australia we have a disastrous flood which has inundated 75% of the state with rising flood waters! The city and country towns (are in crisis) as we speak. With a situation with up to 20,000 homes in the CBD area alone seriously affected - being totally submerged under water. It has been described as the worst natural disaster to hit Brisbane - and queensland!!

The brisbane river which snakes around many suburbs in the brisbane capital city broke its banks yesterday and left in its wake a path of devastation upon which thousands and thousands of families were forced to evacuate there homes to higher and safer ground. (all of this mind you happening to a major capital city of Australia)

Thousands of families were forced to FLEE AND evacuate there homes - SEEKING refuge at emergency evacuation centres. 4000 families in need of emergency shelter.

LIVES HAVE BEEN LOST: 14 DEATHS TO DATE - Over 70 people are still missing and unaccounted for - at the present. And unfortunately that death toll is expected to rise as search and rescue teams move in during what they call (the recovery phase period)

In the town of toowoomba alone just southwest of the main city (BRISBANE) they recently had what can only be described as an INLAND TSUNAMI AS CARS WERE PICKED UP, FLIPPED OVER, AND CARRIED AWAY... HOUSES SWEPT AWAY...PONTOONS AND BOATS...ALL JUST SWEPT AND CARRIED AWAY...INTO RAPIDLY MOVING WATERS...TRAVELING AT A BREAKNECK PACE. Some of you might have seen news footage from your local broadcasters and i believe the scenes of this tragedy can ALSO be viewed on YOU TUBE!

Some of the neighboring towns and regional centres of QLD - deadset look like a war zone! scenes that have to be seen to be believed! Indeed it is very distressing and harrowing situation to those who have loved ones and those directly affected.

The situation is dire and resembles scenes from that of New Orleans and has continued to dominte news headlines all across the Globe and world. The damage and clean up cost will be enormous to get the city back on track and functioning as per normol again. Whole streets and suburbs have been completely submerged by water! As walls of water came gushing through leaving a trail of destruction and ruin through major highways, streets, high-rise builings, suburbs, local businesses and 1000's of family homes. With More than 50,000 homes directly affected in the flood over-all.

In fact: Some american journalist have described events in Brisbane as "catostrophic of a biblical proportion"

To further put readers in the loop of how dire the situation is - There has been reports of "panic buying" at the major shopping centres and sadly reports of "looting" as whole suburbs (being evacuated) have become veritable ghosttowns - and thus providing opportunists for thieves and crooks alike to loot (sadly)

When you take into account that up to 75% of the entire state of queensland is inundated and swamped by rising flood waters you get somewhat of a picture how critical and disastrous the effects really are! With so many people and families directly affected and impacted! and the cost to the local economy enormous. The good news however is the amount of help and support we have recieved from many overseas countries and there prime ministers and presidents offering assistance and emergency relief Aid. Please if you could be prayerfully mindful of these folk here in crisis - and stand with us in this moment of great grief and crisis. (Sincerely S.O.T)

2011/1/12 19:41Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: A Catostrophic Event Is Unfolding...

I started to keep track of these, but there have been way too many...it is a harbinger of what is to come.

Global Flooding - (Epic Floods):
http://the-christians-forum.com/topic/3494463/1/

My prayers to the Christian families - may God keep them safe.

2011/1/12 20:44Profile

Re: A Catostrophic Event Is Unfolding...

Queensland is in my prayers, especially the families of those who have loved ones who have died or are missing.

2011/1/12 20:47
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

To the previous posters thanks for your interest and concern. This is a sign of worse things to come. Jesus predicted rising sea levels " the seas and the waves roaring " (luke 21) to the other respondant i do take your point - but in fairness to your comment it is major world news and therefore ...one does not have to track it. It is readily available news to those who have a radio, a newspaper, the internet, or a television set. ( with all due respect ) my friend...it is there for all to know and have information about. We should be touched by them in suffering and trial. Even if (at the least) we are mindful of them in our prayers. Consider when the early apostles heard of the the world-wide dearth in the book of Acts. It says That the apostles immediately acted upon that news by sending relief unto their brethren! That is the Spirit of community and christian charity. ( i thought )

2011/1/12 20:56Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
To the previous posters thanks for your interest and concern. This is a sign of worse things to come. Jesus predicted rising sea levels " the seas and the waves roaring " (luke 21) to the other respondant i do take your point - but in fairness to your comment it is major world news and therefore ...one does not have to track it. It is readily available news to those who have a radio, a newspaper, the internet, or a television set. ( with all due respect ) my friend...it is there for all to know and have information about. We should be touched by them in suffering and trial. Even if (at the least) we are mindful of them in our prayers. Consider when the early apostles heard of the the world-wide dearth in the book of Acts. It says That the apostles immediately acted upon that news by sending relief unto their brethren! That is the Spirit of community and christian charity. ( i thought )

It is an absolute tragedy what is going on in Australia and Brazil right now with the flooding. If the flooding in Australia wasn't enough, now I understand Tropical Cyclone VANIA may be headed to New Zealand.

Tropical Cyclone Vania continues to strengthen today as it movies towards New Caledonia reports WeatherWatch.co.nz.

The cyclone has been upgraded to a category 2 cyclone in the past hour, out of a scale that goes up to 5. WeatherWatch.co.nz forecasters predict it may reach Cat 3 or 4 strength in the next five days before weakening as it heads towards New Zealand next week.
http://www.voxy.co.nz/national/tropical-cyclone-vania-strengthens/5/78386

My prayers to the Christian families that are affected by this. Stay safe, take cover if necessary, and may God bless.

2011/1/12 21:50Profile
wildhorse86

Re:

It is amazing, I'm from Victoria where the bush fires were in 2009, but I was in Brisbane, which is very busy, to see a mate and U2 play only 6 weeks back! I could never have imagined that this would be happening so soon after I left.

I have a Christian friend and a few non-Christian friends that I am praying for (their salvation) and praying for their safety.

My heart goes out to those who are affected. Remember, Queensland is about two and a half times the size of Texas (roughly) and 75 percent have been affected!

Please pray with me.

2011/1/13 8:42Profile

Re:

This is a moving story:

Australia floods: swept to his death, the boy who told rescuers to 'save my brother first'.

Jordan Rice, 13, was killed in the city of Toowoomba, 80 miles west of Brisbane, as his family car was swamped. The teenager had insisted that rescuers take his 10-year-old brother, Blake, first. Seconds later, Jordan and his mother Donna, 43, were swept away.

"I had the boy [Blake] in one hand, the rope in the other. I wasn't going to let go but then the torrent came through and was pulling us down," said Warren McEr­lean, a rescue worker. "Then this great big tall fellow just came out of nowhere, bear hugged us and ripped us out of the water. When I got back [carrying Blake], I turned … the rope snapped and the car just flipped."

"Jordan was swept off," said John Tyson, 46, Ms Rice's partner of 30 years and Jordan's father. "As soon as he went, Donna just let go, you know, trying to clutch at Jordan. The poor little boy, they just both drowned.''

He added: "He [the rescue worker] went to grab Jordan first, who said, 'Save my brother'. I can only imagine the fear coursing through his body.

"He won't go down with any fanfare or anything like that – I don't think anyone will even wear a black armband for him – but he's just the champion of all champions, a family hero."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/8256340/Australia-floods-swept-to-his-death-the-boy-who-told-rescuers-to-save-my-brother-first.html

2011/1/13 9:34
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Praise Jesus for that little boy. His father would be comforted to know many people will remember this boy and pray for his brother and father.

Thank you for sharing that link.

2011/1/13 11:06Profile

Re:

Earendel, I checked your link and I am grateful that you care enough to care about the WHOLE world.

I wonder how many of us have grieved over Haiti or Africa(just for two) to the extent that we do with other nations.

I Thank GOD for those who are grieving for All the horrors in Every nation of the World and not just for our own or those who are more 'like' us.

Thank GOD for those who are seeing the Whole world, as HE does. GOD Bless them.

2011/1/13 12:57
Nellie

Re:

Father, we know you are a Merciful God.
We ask You to be Merciful to the dear people in Australia.
In Jesus Name.

2011/1/13 13:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy