SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is there really Eternal Hell Fire

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"Jesus makes it very clear that we are to live by EVERY WORD THAT COMES FROM GOD AND NOT JUST "IN CONTEXT""

Brother I am not sure where you come up with this kind of stuff, when it comes to interpreting the Message Context is one of the most important factors. Without Context I can make God's Word say whatever I want it to say just as you can do the same. If you aren't reading the bible in its Context then it would explain why so many disagree with you. Would you like it if I took your very words and used them to make it appear you said something completely different? Do you really think God enjoys the same?

2011/1/18 6:25Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:
Brother I am not sure where you come up with this kind of stuff, when it comes to interpreting the Message Context is one of the most important factors. Without Context I can make God's Word say whatever I want it to say just as you can do the same. If you aren't reading the bible in its Context then it would explain why so many disagree with you. Would you like it if I took your very words and used them to make it appear you said something completely different? Do you really think God enjoys the same?

The Bible NEVER tells you to keep things in context and you do not have one single scripture to support your position.

On the other hand Paul and the other Apostles all taught just as I do and you may find plenty of scriptural reference to that here....... http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36904&forum=36&0

Meanwhile and as I have already said you have absolutely no scripture to back you. I am not saying that there is nothing to learn by studying in context as long as you still remember to "live by every word" and learn to study in accordance with how the Apostles taught.

However if this something you wish to argue please do so at the above link so that this thread will not get hijacked

Fair enough?

Doug

2011/1/18 6:38Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I actually have many scriptures to back up reading in Context. Satan quoted scripture many times all out of context to the rest of Scripture. On top of the many scriptures that tell us to not bear a false witness or Lie, taking something out of context is doing both of these things. Its half the truth or partial truth. I have no desire to even discuss this with you let alone argue it with you, from my experience in this it won't produce edify discussion for either of us.

2011/1/18 6:52Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Why is it that you say that you have scripture but then you cannot come up with any?........ if you have it prove it or just admit the truth........ fair enough?

I have heard lot of people say they have scripture that say for us to always keep the scriptures in context however they can never come up with anything conequently they remain ignorant to the truth.

God gave us a way to find the truth but by you and others applying middle school learning technique to the Holy Word of God, are at the very best being deceived yourselves however in all likelihood you are deceiving others and keeping babes in Christ from learning the truth.

Now I have asked you to please not hijack this thread from the OP and if you have a valid point on the topic of "keeping in context" that is supported with scripture please present it here...... http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=36904&forum=36&0

Fair enough?

Doug

2011/1/18 8:04Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I think it's time to put this topic to rest.

I would remind the annihilationists that this forum is fundamentally evangelical, and therefore holds to a literal interpretation of scripture in this realm. Any stance opposite of this is seen as error, and therefore not endorsed of God nor backed by His authority. The Lord has entrusted us with the truth, no matter how controversial it may appear to the logic of polluted man; we aim to preserve this truth on SermonIndex.

in the future, we ask that you please take this types of debates elsewhere. The literalness of eternal hellfire should be a topic not open for debate, unless one has come here with a cultistic agenda in mind. Our stances on agendas are made clear in the forum guidleline thread. Thank you for understanding.

Brother Paul

2011/1/18 8:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy