SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God Almighty and YHVH

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I'm not sure. I'm considering ordering a teaching on Torah from Hebrew4Christians website, which looks good. Can't remember the name for it off the top of my head.

2011/1/11 19:07
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

that is a good idea. Hebrew is a difficult language and it is best to learn it from people that speak it as their native tongue. May the Lord bless your effort to study His Word.

2011/1/11 19:39Profile

Re: God Almighty and YHVH

Hi UntoBabes,

I'm pasting these verses from the Sacred Names Bible which you can find online.

Exodus 6

2 And ELOHIYM spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am YHVH:

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of EL SHADDAY, but by my name YHVH was I not known to them.

Exodus 3

14 And ELOHIYM said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

So, 'I AM' is a different name.

Newberry states: 'EHYEH ASHER EHYEH. Literally, "I will be that I will be." Exod iii.14. But as the so-called future or long tense expresses not simply the future but also and espcially continuance, the force is, "I continue to be, and will be, what I contine to be, and will be."

EHYEH, "I AM", literally, "I will be." Exod iii.14. But in force and meaning, "I that ever will be." [Hebrew] "the Ever-existing One," or, [Hebrew] "He that is to come," or, "the Coming One".'

That's the full note. Hope it's helpful.

2011/1/11 20:24
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Thank you AtG,

He could be saying: " as I have been with your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob so I will continue to be the same to you also". That could be why He is emphasizing the future aspect of His faithfulness and being.

Studying the Bible in the original tongue is most fascinating. God's Word is a bottomless well of knowledge and wisdom.

Blessings to you. That is most helpful.

2011/1/11 20:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy