Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Crucified to the World - Sparks

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Crucified to the World - Sparks

January 11 "OPen Windows" by T. Austin Sparks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. (Galatians 6:14 NLT)

A truly crucified people are never in danger of the world. It is only when the Cross has not done its work that the world has a place. The world has no place with a crucified man or woman, or a crucified company of believers. The Cross is a great defensive against the world. If you want to keep the world out, put the Cross in its place. If the Cross is truly in its place in fullness, then everything else will come into order. The Cross is the great defensive against the world. The Cross is the great defensive against evil powers. The Cross makes everything safe; it makes everything safe for the Lord.

You see, the Lord wants to commit Himself. He wants to trust Himself to His people, but if the Cross is not there at work, the Lord cannot trust Himself to them. The Lord says, "It is not safe for Me to give Myself there, or I should be involved in their un-crucified condition". The Cross makes everything safe for the Lord, and the Cross makes everything safe for the Church. If the Cross is really at work in all of us, we can trust one another. It is quite safe to trust yourself to a crucified man or woman.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: The Altar (The Cross) Governs Everything

2011/1/11 10:42Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: Crucified to the World - Sparks

Quote:
The Cross makes everything safe for the Lord, and the Cross makes everything safe for the Church. If the Cross is really at work in all of us, we can trust one another. It is quite safe to trust yourself to a crucified man or woman.

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2011/1/11 10:48Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Thou hast put all things in subjection(including the world) under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. Heb 2:8

And we are to reign with Him. What a glory!

Parentheses mine.

2011/1/11 11:34Profile

Thank GOD for a voice of Biblical Sanity.

I see more of - "How much of the world can we entertain ourselves with and still be Christian."

Movies, sports, TV, fellowship with the world???

And then - we want to "blame the devil" for most of our temptations?

There used to be talk about "guarding the eye-gate & ear-gate" - what you'll allow yourself to be exposed to through the eyes or ears.

I fail to pity those who talk about "warfare with the devil" when they expose themselves to those things from the world.
The commercials alone during Sports programs, opens eyes and ears to lasting impressions. Yes, these can be cleansed but only with confession and not going back to the world for "entertainment".

If we posted ONLY scripture of what The Word of GOD says about "lusts" alone - MOST people would be highly offended because the Word is clear - to paraphrase what it says is - "Just knock it off - just Stop it".
No need to post all of these references - most don't read them anyway. They'd rather just keep on with "life as usual" and cry about their temptations or the devil or that GOD isn't doing His part yet.

If someone posts something and leaves their own website - before you become impressed with their post - check out their website.
Do they use foul words on it? Do they promote movies? What type music? etc etc.

There is a Desperate need to preach 'Victory' over sin & the enemies of our soul and yet not fall into the hard-core, hard-line "I am without sin 'completely'" excesses that we've all experienced through the years on forums or websites or through debates.

I've searched the Scriptures, as I'm sure many have and I still can find only "Just don't" type verses regarding "lust". I'm sure someone could pull verses here and there to make an argument against this.

"Because iniquity did abound, the love of Most will wax cold."

Whoever loves the things of this world, does not love The Father.

It wouldn't take very long to do a Search in The WORD for the words, "World" and "lust" with the Internet.

Do we expect to take fire to our chests and not be burned?

Do we expect to sow to the flesh through the entertainment of this world and not reap from our flesh temptations?

Prove all things - with His Word alone and not by what some modern day author writes.

When we return to His WORD alone, we'll see Him and will understand what He meant by being victorious overcomers.

When He shows us that most of our battles are caused by our own choices or making.

When we quit cutting up The Word into sections that are more palatible to us personally.

When we stop calling half of the New Testament "legalism".

2011/1/13 12:43
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Well said, Jesus-Is_God! Well said.

2011/1/13 13:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy