SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What if revival doesn't come in the form we expect it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
heraldndaw

What if revival doesn't come in the form we expect it?

I love hearing Leonard Ravenhill, and would really have loved to have been at his prayer meetings that he had on Fridays, which according to him, had pastors traveling from miles around to attend. One of his biggest wishes was for revival to come to the United States.

I believe revival is a sovereign gift of God, and that it can only be brought about through prayer and repentance. However, when I look at the United States and hear reports of disputed revivals, such as the "Brownsville" revival I feel that what many define as revival; healings, miracles, supernatural gifts, casting out of demons are secondary to what the father really wants; a holy people.

I believe that if revival does occur in the United States, it will not necessarily be something that will be measured numerically with great numbers coming to church, but will be a more hidden movement of God's spirit. Even now I see the Spirit calling pockets of believers all over to prayer, and repentance for our failures individually and collectively, to be the salt he has called us to be.I think revival will come here with persecution and with increasing hostility to God's word, and increasing rejection of the true gospel. It is here that wheat will be separated from the chaff, and in this state where the true worshipers will indeed worship in spirit and in truth. Revival is happening now. Ephesians 5:14 is a very relevant word to today's western church,

Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”

I believe sermonindex.net is one of the many ripples that God is using as an alarm clock to the church. It is time to wake up, the day is nearly at hand. Let us look unto the light of Christ's return.Revival rarely happens from the center, but comes from the margins. This is why I am so happy to have come unto this sight.May God continue to use this outlet to awaken his church out of its sleep.

2011/1/11 1:04Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re: What if revival doesn't come in the form we expect it?

Roy Hession noted that "the outward forms of revivals do, of course, differ considerably, but the inward and permanent content of them is always the same: a new experience of conviction of sin among the saints; a new vision of the Cross and of Jesus and of redemption; a new willingness on man's part for brokenness, repentance, confession, and restitution; a joyful experience of the power of the blood of Jesus to cleanse fully from sin and restore and heal all that sin has lost and broken; a new entering into the fullness of the Holy Spirit and of His power to do His own work through His people; and a new gathering in of the lost ones to Jesus. ... Revival is just the life of the Lord Jesus poured into human hearts."

2011/1/11 7:35Profile

" Even now I see the Spirit calling pockets of believers all over to prayer, and repentance for our failures individually and collectively, to be the salt he has called us to be.I think revival will come here with persecution and with increasing hostility to God's word, and increasing rejection of the true gospel. It is here that wheat will be separated from the chaff, and in this state where the true worshipers will indeed worship in spirit and in truth. Revival is happening now."

Amen brother, there are pockets of believers praying. Persecution will come. Hostility from religious men will increase as the Lord seperates..........brother Frank

2011/1/11 9:12
ManofGod0000

It will come through and by travailing prayer as it did when it initially came, but the signs and outcomes may not be as we expect. I believe it will be with much persecution on the modern day movement of the Lord's church all over the world.

May we all b prepared to fight the good fight, and may we all be satisfied with out duties as saints and believers who are suppose to love christ

2011/1/11 10:13Profile
knitefall

Re:

Well, there were these mas groups of people, all in one accord that fasted and prayed. They died. They did not get any revival. So what is wrong with the formula now?

I think God does what He needs to when He wants to when it is needed to be done. Biblical Revival always starts with God and it is God operated all the way through. We cannot make God do anything. Our motives are always off, we just cannot see that clearly. if we be honest, we're afraid to see ourselves I reckon.

2011/1/11 10:31Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

How true. We need revival, that much is for sure, and there are men and women in different places that are deeply praying for revival, and laboring for it--but if it comes, how will it be?

"The outward signs of revival differ considerably." I'm not sure if that's an exact quote, but it is true. In the denominational circle I am somewhat a part of I see men all of the time dreaming wistfully about revival because it will fill their churches, or send people out to spread Gospel tracts, or will send more laborers around the church, but what if revival came and drove people away? The only two reactions to the Holy Spirit are to accept humbly or run away rebelliously, and if He came in that Sovereign visitation that we call revival, would people in our churches fall humbly and contritly in His presence or would they run to the door as if the building were on fire? Are those who say they want revival willing to pay this price?

When Duncan Campbell spoke of the revival on the Isle of Lewis he told of a prayer meeting in a barn where a man read this text: "Who shall ascend the hill of God? Who shall stand in his holy place, he that hath clean hands and a pure heart..." And the man who read the text spoke of being sure they are clean before praying for revival. Are we willing to do this? Are we willing to cut all worldly entertainment out of our lives, are we prepared to give all of our effort, energy, and time for even the slightest glimpse into eternity in our church? Will we travail in prayer, will we labor in the Word? Will we fast? Will we weep? Will we agonize and long for His Presence?

At what cost will revival come? and we must ask ourselves this question, are we willing to pay it? It's not so much how it comes, by how high is the price? It will cost everything, but is it not worth it?

I'm not saying that we can bend the arm of God, but that why would not He desire to send revival to a willing people? Our praying, fasting, weeping, and such do not bend God to our view, but rather bends us to God's view...then, we can have revival-no matter what it "looks" like. Do outward signs differ? Greatly, but the Spirit of the Almighty is always the same.

2011/1/11 14:29Profile

brother Frank

you wrote:

Quote:
Amen brother, there are pockets of believers praying. Persecution will come. Hostility from religious men will increase as the Lord seperates

indeed. wise words. in study of past revivals, the most vociferous and ugly attacks come from those within, those who say, "Lord, Lord"....not the unbelieving, the poor lost souls who care nothing of God's Economy in revival.

they think we're just "weirdo's", laugh at us, (if indeed God the Holy Ghost, doesnt bless them with an Apprehension of Messiah and the Blood that cleanses one from all sin) and they move on.

but "religious" elements? oh, the bile and venom spewed against the "apostates" from the "religious" of spirit.

just one example, Evan Roberts, look what he suffered, and i'm even afraid to bring up the volumnes of persecution written against the Azusa Street revival...afraid because even these days, i would wager many here dont even regard what happened in that humble barn/church in LA AS a revival, but i aint here to argue that.

i think thats where this recent "revivals" might have went wrong. i bless God for every soul brought to a saving Knowledge of Jesus Christ, but Toronto Airport, maybe Lakeland, definitely this sad spectacle of Todd bentley...what did they have in common?

some might say "charismania", ...maybe, but i think its them camera's. camera's bring out our fleshly desire to perform and be seen. ITS JUST HUMAN NATURE, i know that fact well...no camera's in revival.

if i'm ever blessed enough to be in a God Saturated Revival, and i see a camera, and the Lord leads me, i will smash that camera to pieces...so be warned.

(dont worry, i'll be good for my actions and write a check after the meeting to the owner of the performentioned wreck of a video camera....what can i say? didnt the Lord have various kings of Israel and Judah smashing up the high places, Asterah poles and all that idolatrous filth?)

that's why i dont go to revival conferences, no offense, it's them camera's. i'm sick of camera's, i want God.

God bless you all, btw, we got fish doing a die off on Lake Michigan here today, massive, but i feel an incredible peace that can come only from Jesus.

2011/1/11 14:32

Re:

Amen to all of the above.

About two months ago or so I noticed Matt 24, a chpt that's been read countless times but for some reason these three verses stood out to me and I felt strongly that The LORD wanted me to see that He was definitely speaking Chronologically - most especially because of this word "Then" - which means "the next thing to happen after verse 27 is 29.

That made sense as well when reading the unsealing of each of the 7 Seals -- as we know that Scripture never contradicts Scripture and Jesus said that He "told us all things" pertaining to "those days", even through John. The time tables coordinate.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Edit to add: Appreciated the messages in prayer and posts that, NOW is the time for Personal Revival. To draw nigh unto GOD for ourselves so that He'll draw nigh unto us and make us victorious in these perilous times we're in and that are to come.
Pray one for another!

2011/1/13 16:56
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Natan4Jesus wrote:

Quote:
camera's bring out our fleshly desire to perform and be seen. ITS JUST HUMAN NATURE, i know that fact well...no camera's in revival.

Quote:
if i'm ever blessed enough to be in a God Saturated Revival, and i see a camera, and the Lord leads me, i will smash that camera to pieces...so be warned.

Quote:
(dont worry, i'll be good for my actions and write a check after the meeting to the owner of the performentioned wreck of a video camera....what can i say? didnt the Lord have various kings of Israel and Judah smashing up the high places, Asterah poles and all that idolatrous filth?)

Quote:
that's why i dont go to revival conferences, no offense, it's them camera's. i'm sick of camera's, i want God.

That's pretty radical Nathan. I think Leonard Ravenhill would probably agree with you to a certain extent(since he did allow them to film his meetings). He stated that a God-sent revival does not need any advertisement, it will advertise itself(paraphrasing).

2011/1/13 17:24Profile

Re: brother Frank

Neil, your a radical, brother. That is why I love you :) ...........brother Frank

2011/1/14 0:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy