SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Was it not thy own?"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Acts 5:8 passerby.

And also in the previous section it was noted they were of one body and soul, nobody called anything their own. I guess selling their property and holding back some was a failure to fully comitt to the oneness of the community. They wanted to appear to be giving their all, but retain some for themselves.

I wonder if the lying to God not men could have something to do with our how we love God by loving our neighbour. We give to God by offering praise, thanksgiving and worship.

We give to God through loving our neighbour. Giving them The word, but also looking after their physical needs.

I'm reminded of that passage about the sheep's and the goats.. whatever you did to the least of these you did to me.

2011/1/12 20:04
passerby

Re:

What is perplexing with the account on Ananias and Sapphira was the swift and fatal course they received, while it was generally perceived that the new testament is 'full of mercy and grace'.

It creates a lot of anxiety to many believers, that such seemingly not so wicked offense will result to quick death, thinking that they have done more horrible sins than this.

Was there something more sinister than what was apparent. Could it be that the couple have the heart of Judas that would sell the assembly for pieces of silver. A chronic and incurable greed that respects no one.

2011/1/13 0:08Profile

Re:

It is perplexing

Lying I guess was what the snake used to lure Eve. I think what was Ginny? said may be true. The hot spirit convicts us it is the truth teller.

Yes maybe it was similar to Judas, greed did seem to be what gave Satan access to him.

2011/1/13 1:09
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
What is perplexing with the account on Ananias and Sapphira was the swift and fatal course they received, while it was generally perceived that the new testament is 'full of mercy and grace'.

It is true we are living under the mercy and grace of God - divine enablement by the Holy Spirit to live victoriously for the LORD.

However, I just read this morning Zephaniah 1. As I read that I began to wonder....God is sharing the info with Zephaniah that he will totally destroy from off this planet all man and beast. Every last one of them. The reason for this judgement is given in v.12:
And I will punish the men
Who are stagnant in spirit,
Who say in their hearts,
The LORD will not do good or evil!’

Sounds like modern day philosophy, tainted with Biblical theology, doesn't it?

Obviously, this total destruction has not happened - yet. In God striking down Ananias and his wife Sapphira are we not getting a glimpse of the upcoming judgement of God against sin and that all are within God's radar unless there is repentance? and godliness?

‘The LORD will not do good or evil!’ So we sing and dance to this mindset?

2011/1/13 11:08Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Rev 21:8

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

2011/1/13 12:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy