SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God has a Plan A. Shall we settle for B,C,D,E......

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lylewise

Celina, Texas

God has a Plan A. Shall we settle for B,C,D,E......

God's providential actions cannot be thwarted, but what of the freedoms He grants that lie outside of His interventions?

Shouldn't we be careful not to compromise where we are accountable for faith? We are comforted that He works all things together for the good for those that love Him and we are thankful for it, but we are still obliged to seek His absolute best and not settle for the anything less. What lethargy springs from complacency and handicapes the exercise of faith? What glory is forfeited by such laconic actions. What faith is fostered in fatalism? We must be careful to not be so quick to stamp God's seal of approval on plan B,C,D,E etc....because it's convenient and easy. God has a plan A. Sure, it may not be the American way to have to depend on that which has not yet been manifested while the clock ticks in the background, but when did we begin to entertain such citizenship?

In Exodus chapter 3 and 4 God's plans are being revealed to Moses. To paraphrase:

3:11 Who am I to go to these people?
3:12 "YOU ARE THE ONE WHO GOES WITH ME",SAYS GOD.

3:13 What if they ask me who you are?
3:14 TELL THEM.... I AM THAT I AM.....THE FATHER OF ABRAHAM, ISSAC, AND JACOB.

4:1 What if they don't believe me?
4:3,6,9 THROW DOWN THE STAFF, PUT YOUR HAND IN YOUR ROBE, POUR OUT SOME WATER FROM THE NILE.

4:10 I am not an eloquent speaker. I know that I have been brought up in Pharaoh's palace and given a prince's education with the best the world can offer, but I have been slow of speech and tongue in the past and also now as we converse. Moses seems to communicate this adequately given he is not speaking to just anyone but to the God of the Universe who earlier he had hid his face from being afraid to even open his eyes in the Lords presense.

4:11(PLAN A) WHO CREATED ONE'S MOUTH OR MAKES ONE MUTE, DEAF,SEEING,OR BLIND?
4:12(PLAN A) GO! I WILL TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR MOUTH AND GIVE YOU THE WORDS TO SAY!

4:13(PLAN ?) Lord can you send someone else...who you like of course?

Not sure this suggestion even qualifies as plan Z?

God did allow for a modification of what Moses asked, but it was not PLAN A and God's anger burned against Moses because of it. God does however work all things together for the good of those who love him but we can't in our greatest meditations imagine the possibilities of what might have been had Moses trusted the Lord to be his mouth and words as God preferred.

So what decisions have we made and what plans of current are we contemplating that might preclude Plan A?

2011/1/8 18:31Profile
passerby

Re: God has a Plan A. Shall we settle for B,C,D,E......

But what is the will of God, how specific do we know the will of God in our lives?

Should we worry then that we knew so little about the specific will of God in our lives.

Is their a detailed blue print of what we should do_ who shall we marry, what college course or job should we take, what color of dress shall we wear today, or where we should reside.

What is living by faith or living according to His precepts, can we not use some of our 'personal wisdom',
what is living according to the discipline and persevering grace of God, or according to the doctrine of predestination (holiness, sonship) and the doctrine of perseverance of the saints?

2011/1/10 4:31Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: God has a Plan A. Shall we settle for B,C,D,E......

If a person has actually been told by God, "Do such and such," then that is one thing - they need to obey. But some people wait and wait and wait on God to know every minute detail of His will. I believe that He just wants us to get busy, be honest in our dealings with the world and be faithful to Him! Early on in my walk, I used to wait on the Lord for EVERYTHING (and a lot of times doing NOTHING).

It does not matter what road a person is on in life; there are always people that need ministering to on that road. Are we faithful to do that? Or do we overlook them “trying” to find the will of the Lord in our life? That is like the religious people that passed by the beaten man on the road to Jericho!! (Luke 10.30-37)

I’m a firm believer that we do not need to worry about not knowing “the specific will of God in our lives.” We just need to be productive members of society, love Jesus and our neighbor while we are doing it!! We cannot worry about the details but to just be about the Father’s business!!!

I’m not arrogant enough to believe that I will hear this but my hope and goal is to hear, “Well done thy good and faithful servant...”

Just my two cents!! God bless,
Lisa

2011/1/10 8:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy