Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our Youth Movements

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Our Youth Movements

Matthew 3:9 KJV
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Why is it the vast majority of our youth movements are into Heresy!
Hillsong and SS, Holy Trinity Brompton
I know that most of the Emergent Church books and all the dodgy translations are aimed at our youth because they know that the Youth in the next Generation of our Church! Most People who are into Heresy know that the Youth will be less suspicious and then it would be picked up by there parents and then the church. Some like the Emergent Church movement actually targeted Worship leaders.

Publishers use Celebrities to promote Bible Versions or using Technological means to reach the Youth.

To me the Youth Movement is vital because it is the Next Generation of the Church. To me it is something that concerns me as I have a little sister and I have many friends who are youth. Why is there no alternative for Youth, the Calvery Chapel movement is good because it gets back to the Bible

Matthew 18:3 KJV
And said , Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted , and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

One thing that I was reminded of was that Duncan cambell on the isle of Lewis that the Youth were straying, Why are our Youth not loving God and his word?

2011/1/8 18:17Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Our Youth Movements

Ignorance is bliss for them, the best way to battle this danger is gentle and Loving education. I remember something that I believe ginnyrose suggested a while back was to teach the Youth how to read the bible. Kind of the you can give a man a fish and he will eat for one day or you can teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. If your sister has a desire for the Word of God and she is willing help her learn how to study the bible in context.

I grew up as a Pentecostal and then later joined an AoG church, it wasn't until I truly started looking at what I believe and what the bible says that I found the unbiblical meanings and activity of some of the doctrines preached through the AoG.

Ultimately my suggestion is this don't ram criticism at the heresy but lovingly and gentle warn your sister and friends of the heresy you see in it. Also another good way of going about it is asking them questions about the heresy and say Hey could you help me understand this? or Do you think this is biblical and correct? Something I have found is people really enjoy giving their opinion but hardly enjoy getting told what to do so if it appears you are asking for help rather pointing out falsity I believe the Holy Spirit will lead them to the same if not similar conclusions you have reached. :)

2011/1/8 19:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy