SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Being Honest with God! and Reasons why we don't see Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Being Honest with God! and Reasons why we don't see Revival

John 8:44 KJV
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do . He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 1:14 KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:17 KJV
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 3:15 KJV
But if I tarry long , that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

John 16:13 KJV
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come , he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear , that shall he speak : and he will shew you things to come .

From scripture we can tell that the Bible says that the Devil is the Father of lies, how are we truthful before god as he judges every idle word that he speaks and we can only worship him in spirit and in truth, I have been convicted in my life of telling the Lord how it is?

How often do churches say we are dead we are undone we need Jesus, we need the Lords help or how often do you get people say that they are honest with there sin or there state as a christian!

Sometimes I ask questions why do we not see revival ? Why are people not on there knees in church, Why do people run after lies? Why is there no hunger and thirst for bible things?

Have you been honest with God told him everything as he is omniscient he knows everything, I sometimes write down everything before the Lord like Isaiah

2 Kings 19:14 KJV
And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up into the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.

I also ask the question ? Why do i not see revival? What is wrong with me? It says that the truth shall make us free and we cannot handle truth without grace ?

Are you honest about what happens in life before God!

John 3:21 KJV
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest , that they are wrought in God.

John 4:23 KJV
But the hour cometh , and now is , when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

John 4:24 KJV
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 8:32 KJV
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

2011/1/8 17:52Profile

Re: Being Honest with God! and Reasons why we don't see Revival

Needed message Brother. Much needed. A "lie" is something that deludes the individual themselves. It's one of those very big sins that one feels that they can hide.
In these last days, it's becoming pandemic, because of the strong delusion of these days taking hold. Whether we believe that we're in those times or not - it doesn't matter. There are more than enough Scriptures about how GOD feels about lies & lying.

The Internet is the perfect opportunity to show GOD that you Fear, Respect, Honor & Reverence Him by being truthful. Checking your motives for what you are saying. Are you posting under a false character of who you really are? Are you making up an image that doesn't exist with your family or those you work or live with? Is what you're saying 100% truthful.
Except for those who live with us or are our very close friends for most of our lives - who else but GOD knows the truth about what we're saying or who we are?

Even one lie should put the fear of GOD in us ASAP because unless it's nipped in the bud - it will lead to another lie and then another lie and another until we ourselves are 'deluded' to believing our own lies or just lie without a tinge of conscience anymore. This will lead to reprobation because GOD cannot deal with liars or those who pretend to be something they are not. Even if it's just signing on to a forum with two or more different user names.

Paul himself said, "not that I am perfect" but we know for a fact that he was not including "lying" into his statement. "Perfect" to Paul was the perfect "Image of Christ" - that was "the mark" that he was aiming at.
I have met a few 'christians' that came into the Church, trying to put on a different persona than what they were at home, etc. and now they are all fully fallen away. This is no joke.

See GOD's WORD, Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, OR maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters,
And whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, And all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I think that once we believe the lie that lying is a lesser sin than murdering, sorcery, immorality, and abominations, then we've bought the greatest lie of all.

I pray the fear of GOD touch every single person who names the Name of Christ in this area of their lives.
That none would think that "Just a little lie won't hurt."
That as soon as lying begins in a human being - the enemy is there to implant a lying spirit in that person's mind and they are then potentially in the position to become what the world would call a "Habitual or pathological liar" and as the world would pronounce them - (or used to) as a sociopath. A sociopath has only their own agenda in mind and will lie and whatever else is necessary to get what they want, all for themselves only - without a conscience.

Maybe it's the lack of the fear of GOD or maybe there is no maybe about that.

It stands to reason why a person given over to lies will not see Revival until they cry out to be truthful "in the inward parts".
No good deeds or good doctrine or good anything will undo or compensate for a lie, but only sincere and deep repentence and a "sin no more" attitude following.
We need to really see how horrifically dangerous a pattern of lying is and will become if not put to death by our own freewill with conviction & confession to GOD or man if needed.

We all know about "adultery, fornication, drunkeness" etc but so little is preached on absolute honesty.

I thank you for following the lead of The Spirit to bring this out.

Pray one for another

2011/1/9 8:00
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Very timely article, 'Jesus-is-God'.

We read how the devil used it to tempt Eve. It stands to reason he has not changed his tactics at all in the thousands of years since. And man is still just as gullible as ever.

I have often thought about how easy it is to lie. Just a little bit in such little ways and how it progresses from there. It seems to be the springboard for all other sins which is why it is so utterly dangerous. And a person does not have to look far to see it functioning.

Quote:
We all know about "adultery, fornication, drunkeness" etc but so little is preached on absolute honesty.

In your own small way you remedied this problem right here. Thanks for sharing.

ginnyrose

2011/1/9 8:29Profile

Re:

"The Internet is the perfect opportunity to show GOD that you Fear, Respect, Honor & Reverence Him by being truthful. Checking your motives for what you are saying. Are you posting under a false character of who you really are? Are you making up an image that doesn't exist with your family or those you work or live with? Is what you're saying 100% truthful."

I could not agree with that sentiment more. A half truth is a full lie. If you deliberatley give someone or people an impression of yourself or your position that does not truly represent who you are, then this constitutes you being a liar and a hypocrite. God will not honor that. We must be 100% honest, even if it means the loss of others respect. For many Christians lying comes down to the fear of man. Until we fear God more than man, we will never be truly effective in His kingdom..........brother Frank

2011/1/9 10:45

Re:

Bless you ginnyrose.

Excellent Brother Frank. May I add to "the fear of man" - also, a desire for a 'position' of some sort, or also just pride (protecting ego) and in some cases just plain old deceitfulness for the want of attention or other deceptive motives.

Amen to the words, "Fear GOD!"

GOD Bless you too.

2011/1/9 11:06

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy