SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : A Child’s Heart can See it

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

A Child’s Heart can See it

A Child’s Heart can See it

Jesus’ intent is that someone like a child would receive His Truth and Wisdom, and someone who is extremely wise in their own eyes and experience would despise it. “I praise you, Father, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned and revealed them to little children.” If we are really walking in the Spirit, we are actually NOT going to be impressive to the people of the world who want to “size things up”. We are actually going to lose! If we are really walking in the Spirit as individuals at work, or as a church, or in any situation, people are going to look at us and say, “What’s the big deal? They are not so sharp! That’s not so impressive, that’s not so cool... that’s not so awesome. I didn’t see God.” And the same thing is recorded in Isaiah 53—they looked at Jesus and said, ‘I don’t see God’... and there is God Himself in the flesh, carrying Himself in such a way that people, unless they have the heart of little children, don’t see Him. The little children run up and drop into His lap, and the common people heard Him gladly. But the wise and the learned (the people who approached things on the basis of wanting to compare, wanting to evaluate, wanting to analyze, wanting to be impressed by signs and wonders, wanting to be impressed by reasoning, philosophy, and intelligence), those people never found Jesus. They didn’t believe Paul, and they won’t receive what God is really doing today, either. Paul said, “I’m willing to be a fool for Christ. That’s my desire, and the closer I get to God, the more foolish I am going to appear to the intellects, and the more powerless I’m going to appear to the power mongers. The Jews are going to want something they can’t have, and the Greeks are going to want something they can’t have. And the closer I get to God, the less impressed people are going to be with me, if they are approaching it from an intellectual or power basis. Keep that thought in your mind and heart that Jesus didn’t impress people, nor did Paul. Our willingness to be a fool is definitely an attitude to cultivate. Paul said, “I came not with wise and persuasive words, I came with fear and trembling. But what I wanted to happen was that you would see the Spirit of God and not me. That you would not be impressed with me, but rather would be impressed by God.”

2011/1/7 14:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy