Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is written in Mathew 17:21

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
fromtheold

South Africa

What is written in Mathew 17:21

Jesus could quote directly from the Torah without thinking about versions of the Torah because there was one meaning, one Torah one word.

Today the story is different. For instance, go to your bible and quote Matthew 17:21.

Christians are divided because of copyrighted bible versions, how can man copyright the words of God? How can there be so many different versions of the bible? God said it we believe it?

The same company that owns your copyrighted bible owns the satanic bible. How can that be?

I have looked into this matter for a few years now and have no doubt that there is a real bible and a fake bible.

If you want to debate about it we can. I really dont see how one person can quote the bible and the next quote the same verse and they totally differ.

This is the biggest attack on Christianity today and the church is failing to see it, instead most people get offended.

This prophecy has come to pass right in front of us and did we notice?

Amos 8:12

And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

There is an attack on the WORD OF GOD.

Matthew 17:21

New International Version (©1984)

Missing

New Living Translation (©2007)

Missing

English Standard Version (©2001)

Missing

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

International Standard Version (©2008)
But this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting."

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

Missing

King James Bible
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

American King James Version
However, this kind goes not out but by prayer and fasting.

American Standard Version
But this kind goeth not out save by prayer and fasting.

Bible in Basic English
Missing

Douay-Rheims Bible
But this kind is not cast out but by prayer and fasting.

Darby Bible Translation
But this kind does not go out but by prayer and fasting.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
However, this kind goeth not out, but by prayer and fasting.

Weymouth New Testament
But an evil spirit of this kind is only driven out by prayer and fasting."

World English Bible
But this kind doesn't go out except by prayer and fasting."

Young's Literal Translation
and this kind doth not go forth except in prayer and fasting.'

2011/1/6 5:26Profile
Giggles

Re: What is written in Mathew 17:21

As food for thought, the translation debate is a little more complex than most people realize. The translations are based upon ancient manuscripts, which have been known to differ slightly in their content. Probably the most famous inconsistency is the end of Mark's gospel. Most of what the scholar's call "better" original/copies do not contain the last 11 verses. But there are other little variations along the way. Translators have the terrible burden of figuring out which is the most accurate, whether through prayer, study, etc. May God have mercy on them in their work.

2011/1/6 10:19Profile
Lesserlight

Re: What is written in Mathew 17:21

That is interesting information about certain translations missing Matt 17:21

Taking a look at Gateway the footnote for that verse in the NIV indicates that some of the manuscripts used in other translated versions have a verse in place similar to Mark 9:29 that the NIV has as follows

Mark 9: 29....... He replied, This kind can come out only by prayer.

Once again they have another footnote for why they are different that says the following........"Some manuscripts prayer and fasting"

Obviously the NIV has tried here to present what they believe is accurate and any mistake on this issue would seem to lie with what manuscript was used. However their latest endeavor that eliminates gender differences is seriously in error because the male/female thing is critical for teaching about the spirit and soul. Paul makes it clear that God is no respecter of persons and that there is no difference in Christ Jesus between male and female. Unfortunately these day being politically correct is getting more respect then the written Word of God is........ bummer!

I use the King James Bible simply because when I asked God where to go to hear the truth (I was thinking between different denominations) He told me not to go anywhere but to come to Him for the truth as well as for me to get a King James Bible........ so I put aside the NIV I was using at the time and have remained a loyal AKJV user ever since.

For sure Satan's most successful tool has been to take away or change the WORD so that it suits his purpose of separating Christians from the truth that would set them free from sin........ after all that is the trick that worked on Adam and Eve

Blessings

Doug

2011/1/6 10:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy